Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Maclaren stroller
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:01 pm
I’m looking into getting a maclaren stroller and trying to figure out what to get between the quest and techno. I’d appreciate help as I’m new to this

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking into getting a maclaren stroller and trying to figure out what to get between the quest and techno. I’d appreciate help as I’m new to this

I had the quest for 10 years and really liked it! What does the techno have different?

English3

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:08 pm
I know you're not asking an opinion but anyway I love giving my two cents.I have the maclaren for 6 years it is very heavy to push especially when pregnant.

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:09 pm
Hate mine. It’s hard to push, impossible to bump up and down stairs, impossible to push with one hand, tiny inaccessible basket, non-adjustable handle bars, etc.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:12 pm
I always loved the quest. Very easy to push.

I doubt the people who wrote that they hate it had the quest.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:13 pm
Thank you for your replies. English3 and stars which one do you have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I had the quest for 10 years and really liked it! What does the techno have different?

I don’t know. I don’t have children yet, but I read something which inspired me to buy a stroller

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I always loved the quest. Very easy to push.

I doubt the people who wrote that they hate it had the quest.

Thanks. My sisters have the quest as well. I don’t want to ask them for obvious reasons. I’m wondering what the difference of the techno is other than it being bigger. As per the Maclaren site they both have the same weight limits

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:17 pm
For those that have the quest, does it go up steps easily?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:22 pm
I remember when the techno first came out. It had a more modern look at the time. I’m not sure how much different it is aside for appearance.
After years of using the quest I treated myself to a new stroller. I was so disappointed. Even though it looked nicer and newer it wasn’t as smooth to push as the quest was.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I remember when the techno first came out. It had a more modern look at the time. I’m not sure how much different it is aside for appearance.
After years of using the quest I treated myself to a new stroller. I was so disappointed. Even though it looked nicer and newer it wasn’t as smooth to push as the quest was.

Thanks. I guess so far the quest seems the best

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:31 pm
The quest is really hard to push and it does not go up stepts easily. It gets stuck on every step. If a toddler or heavy child is in the stroller, it's even harder to push. It's really not smooth.

Stars

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your replies. English3 and stars which one do you have?

I have the quest

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. My sisters have the quest as well. I don’t want to ask them for obvious reasons. I’m wondering what the difference of the techno is other than it being bigger. As per the Maclaren site they both have the same weight limits

I have the techno for almost 9 years and love it. I don’t find it hard to push (I also have a bugaboo and zippie voyage to compare to)
The wheels are bigger than quest so it’s easier to push, though a bit heavier/bigger when folded so a drop less compact on a crowded bus/car trunk.
Yes, the basket is fairly small & if you have a heavy bag hanging on the handle it has to correlate with child’s weight it shouldn’t tip over.

Overall I would say it’s a great stroller. Check if the quest reclines fully- I know that was another issue in the past.

cfriedman2

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:42 pm
I had the techno xlr and it was great as a travel stroller. my main stroller was the donkey so I used this in in the car and for quick trips

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:46 pm
Thanks all. As per the maclaren site, the quest does recline fully.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:36 pm
I have the quest and I barely use it. It's a very heavy carriage. Yes pregnant not pregnant. It's heavy.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:54 pm
I don’t find the maclaren to be very heavy. Normal range. And have a Cruz to compare to. I have the quest. I like it but it is harder to push with just one hand. I do t find it hard to push even with a heavy Child sitting I inside. It is super hard to get up stairs though. You can drag it up backwards since the breaks will keep locking. That’s really the only bad thing about it

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:17 pm
Adding about the steps- re the techno- I’ve only had issues on steps that have a “piece” coming out on top and it got stuck there, not sure if I’m explaining myself well... but, because the stroller is not that heavy, if it was only a few stairs it was easier to just pick up the whole stroller.

I lived in a house a couple of stairs up and found it easier bumping it up/down than my bugaboo.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:28 pm
OP, I hope that whichever stroller you chose, you will use it in good health and with much bracha
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics