Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Organizing the house (pantry & laundry)

sari00

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:45 pm
Pantry, spices, rice etc... any tips?

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:04 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-D.....1ZQ==

something like this is great...

Amarante

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:06 pm
Do you have space issues or are you trying to improve functionality.

I find transferring stuff like flour, rice, grains etc. into stackable square or oblong containers makes storage easier as you can stack and containers go right next to each other. Also keeps unpleasant critters and moisture out.

I keep spices so I can easily see what they are. I keep spices in a variety of places depending on how often I use and what they are used for. For example, I keep baking spices, extracts, decorations in a drawer together. I keep spices and dried herbs I use frequently on a twirling rack. It minimizes the footprint and holds a lot of spices - keep in mind that this is only good for spices you use frequently since light is not good for spices - and heat is also causes deterioration quickly. For spices, I don't use frequently I store in the freezer.

There are risers that I have used so that items don't get lost in the back.

What do you currently have in terms of kitchen cabinets. If you have cabinet doors, it is really worth it to have them retrofitted with some kind of rollouts. Before I remodeled I have just shelves and I would sometimes have to get down on the floor and take everything out in order to access a particular pot or pan. When I remodeled and took everything out, I had stuff that I didn't even remember having because it had been lost in the depths of my back lower cabinet.

penguin

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 5:32 pm
I was coming to ask for advice too.
My pantry shelves are just under 30" wide.

A couple of years ago I ordered these bins for Pesach, which are 12.88" wide, so two fit side by side with room for something like a potato starch can in between (but if you do that you kind of defeat the idea of putting things neatly into sorted bins...) For Pesach they are great but for during the year I'm wondering if I should look for s/t more perfect?

Then again, if I can fit 3 of something it will mean pulling out the middle one to get to the sides (the door is probably 28" so you can't just slide things out, KWIM?

There's a medium size that's 13.75 x 10.75 x 5 inches

Well, also, these have a bit of a lip, so I'm sure it's not what your professional-organizer-type-person is recommending.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars