Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Att Israeli Immas- pregnancy/ covid vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:53 pm
Hi now in the USA doctors/ midwives are pushing us to get vaccinated but they don't have proof of things like that the baby's being born healthy or becoming pregnant afterwards. From my understanding Israel has been giving the covid vaccine to pregnant women for longer than the USA. So can you please give me information based on women that got it during pregnancy and had baby's after. Thanks

Elfrida

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:36 pm
Israel started vaccinating towards the end of December, and I think pregnant women were advised to get it from late January or February. So that's only a couple of months. There are certainly women who got the vaccine towards the end of the pregnancy and have since given birth, and I haven't heard any reports of problems. No one who got in in early pregnancy will have given birth yet.

I was vaccinating people, but I don't have any personal experience of the vaccine during pregnancy. I reccomend you bump this post in a few hours time when the Israeli imas will be getting up. It's the middle of the night here now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:44 pm
Thanks how to you bump it?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:36 pm
When you make a new post in any thread it bumps it up to the top of the board. Sometimes if a thread doesn't have many answers, the OP will post an extra comment in order to bump it up to the top of the list and get it more attention.

So by posting this answer I have bumped the thread for you.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:43 pm
One sister of mine received her vaccine at around 30 weeks pregnant, and gave birth Boruch Hashem yesterday to healthy cute baby girl.
Another sister has gotten the vaccine in her first trimester, and so far so good, Bly Ayin Hora.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:01 am
A ton of women in my community got the vaccine during pregnancy including me. Bh so far so good. I know of one who gave birth naturally and easily bh to a healthy baby a few weeks ago. I am due very soon iyh all should go well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:58 am
Haha tova! Feel good!

Sesame

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:15 am
I have a few friends that did take it during pregnancy (and a few that did not, someone did advise me she didn’t take on advice of her dr)
Bh I am not aware of any complications that developed and my friends are doing well
It’s not “old enough” for anyone to know anything, so replies from here may be inadequate for you. It has only been a few short months since they started.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:32 am
From what I remember it wasn’t recommended for the first trimester. Have things changed?

shaqued_almond

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:39 am
Women who got it earlier in pregnancy can give antibodies to the baby from what I heard. If you have a high risk pregnancy it's recommended to take it

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:16 pm
tigerwife wrote:
From what I remember it wasn’t recommended for the first trimester. Have things changed?

If I understood correctly, a main reason for this advice is because fever during the first trimester is not a great thing. And because the vaccine can cause fever they say to wait until after the first trimester.

Another reason though not as major, is because sadly some pregnancies do naturally end in the first trimester and they wouldn’t want someone to feel guilty or bad that because they had the vaccine the pregnancy ended.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:04 pm
apparantly I got pregnant in between doses and was instructed to take the second one as scheduled
meanwhile im 10 weeks in and everything is BH normal

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:30 pm
Same here. Got pregnant between doses. Ultrasound today looked good.

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi now in the USA doctors/ midwives are pushing us to get vaccinated but they don't have proof of things like that the baby's being born healthy or becoming pregnant afterwards. From my understanding Israel has been giving the covid vaccine to pregnant women for longer than the USA. So can you please give me information based on women that got it during pregnancy and had baby's after. Thanks

My next door neighbor miscarried within 48 hrs from the vaccine. While another neighbor pregnancy was fine. Both took vaccine. When it comes to side effects not everyone gets the same. But know that its definitely not risk-free.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:13 pm
How far along was the one that miscarried?

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How far along was the one that miscarried?

32 weeks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:44 pm
Omg :-( was it first or Second vaccine?

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Omg :-( was it first or Second vaccine?

First

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:27 pm
I took the vaccines at 28 and 32 weeks. Had some contractions after the second dose, but I'm still pregnant.
Originally I was concerned about taking a vaccine with such a short track record, but I changed my mind after hearing of too many pregnant women in thr ICU with Covid in the ICU or losing their babies.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 1:31 pm
anyone else? im also interested in hearing from those who took during pregnancy.

My OB said they have many patients who took the vaccine, and they flagged their charts so they will know if any complications come up. so far all seemed good with their pregnanceis. they didn't have anyone who took the vaccine and gave birth yet though.

Ill ask again at my next appointment and keep you updated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics