Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Plz help me calm down (teenager) UPDATE
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:23 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I just had strep and it was so bad I thought it was Corona. Felt fine in the morning, by 3pm I had chills, fatigue, fever over 102. Was in bed for an entire day. It happens.

Tnx for posting. He says he felt fine in the morning. Strep was going around in my house abt 2-3 months ago. I know some ppl think I'm crazy for wanting to take him to regular Dr Tom not just an urgent care. I don't really care what ppl think. I'll take him anyway and see what the Dr says. Maybe he'll agree with most posters here.
Of course strep happens. Dh and I usually have strep at least once a yr I sometimes twice.
As a side note, thinking back dh strep symptoms are more less the same as my son's now. I remember having a major argument with dh. I wanted him to go for a culture but he refused because his throat didn't bother him. Guess who was right??? Lol wifey!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:25 am
DrMom wrote:
Nice tall adults get sick every once in a while.
As do nice short adults. And not-nice adults of every height range.

Calm down.

Lol. Yea. I slept a little and somehow tonight is not my night. I had 3 other kids waking me up for different reasons.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:02 am
OP, if you overreact and get hysterical every time someone isn't feeling 100% perfect, then I'm not surprised that your son isn't a complainer.

Why would he want to complain, when he knows you are going to freak out on him?

You need to get some help, and prove to your son that it's safe to talk to you about symptoms, before they turn into something CVS worse.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nothing in a reality. The fact that he threw up 2x close in time + fever. To me and adult with fever and throwing up isn't viral.

To me it’s sounds exactly like a virus. If he’s not better in a couple of days take him to the doctor,
Taking Tylenol when you’re feeling bad isn’t sneaky it’s normal behavior. If the fever doesn’t go down with meds that’s disturbing.
Have you never been sick before? Did you test for covid BTW?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:20 am
High fever can be a sign of an active, functioning immune system and a direct cause of other symptoms such as weakness, vomiting, etc.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:10 am
I can be a qorrier and alarmest this is what I would worry me overnight. #1 make sure he doesnt get dehydrated, have him drink every half hour while hes up at least a cup of water or drinks with electrolytes. some tea and gnger also good for upset stomach. ch"v choking while sleeping. you or you husband sleep in same room as him- can be on couch make sure to hes laying with head raised. sounds like a stomach virus. only c"v some one thow up with blood is it very alarming

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:32 am
op just like strep can have diffrent symtoms like some people throat hurts, others have fever, others stomach hurts or have body achs. same with a stomach virus your son symptoms all make sense what could happen if somoene had a stomach virus. however not all people have all those symtoms and some not as severe. sorry for the tmi but have you ever had a loose stomach before that could also be a stomach virus but you might not have been aware. little kids do get stronger reactions than adults. so it could seem a little weird he got such a strong reaction. but one thing I once learned. the more you are exposed to the virus the more stronger you get it.(so children who put unclean hands in mouth, share food more likely to get it) you son had long exposure to whatever made him sick. Hopefully hes more aware now.

aimhabanim

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:35 am
Op, how are you and your son doing today?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:42 am
Ice Ice water
1 TBSP at a time
Until he is able to not feel nauseous
It works like magic
But the trick is very icy and 1 TBSP at a time
Even if it takes 2 hrs to finish

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:14 pm
Mother's intuition is usually right. For those that kept on saying it's a stomach virus somehow it didn't sit right with me. Well today I learned something I never knew. That bronchitis can come without a cough or even a slight cold. His only symptoms are fever now. He's not even nauseous anymore. I took him to his regular Dr and in a minute he picked it up.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:16 pm
OP I hope you’re calmer now!!

stomach virus doesn’t usually come with fever that’s why I suspected strep

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
OP I hope you’re calmer now!!

stomach virus doesn’t usually come with fever that’s why I suspected strep

Plz, I'm very ok now. I just knew that something isn't right. I know my kids.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:05 pm
Op mild bronchitis isn’t an emergency. It has to get treated but it can wait until the morning. My daughter had bronchitis when she was only a few months old and it wasn’t a big deal then either. Something that interferes with breathing to me is an emergency. Not a mild case of bronchitis.
But I’m happy you’re feeling calm.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Mother's intuition is usually right. For those that kept on saying it's a stomach virus somehow it didn't sit right with me. Well today I learned something I never knew. That bronchitis can come without a cough or even a slight cold. His only symptoms are fever now. He's not even nauseous anymore. I took him to his regular Dr and in a minute he picked it up.

Refuah shlaima!
I don't trust the urgent cares and hardly use them . I trust my regular doctor
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics