Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Maclaren stroller
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
OP, I hope that whichever stroller you chose, you will use it in good health and with much bracha

Amen! Thanks so much!!! So so heartwarming!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 5:39 pm
Maclarens and other 'umbrella' strollers are great as they're usually very lightweight and fold very narrow.
Their downsides are the small wheels which make it harder to push and the fact it is very long when folded. The shopping basket is small and difficult to get things in and out of. Also the 2 handles mean you can't push one handed. (can you tell I'm not a fan?)
Personally I prefer my city mini gt. But I know plenty of people who have been very happy with their maclarens.

monseymom25

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:18 pm
The Maclaren quest weighs 12 pounds which is light for a stroller. The push and suspension may not be like the new strollers but it’s definitely not heavy. I loved mine when I had it 10 years ago.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:18 pm
Thank you all so much for replying!!

elaela

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:18 am
up until 10 or so years ago the maclaren was decent defintely great quality and easier push than nonbrand umbrella strollers BUT
since then so much happened on the market and other companies came out with much better options I believe.

for example: umbrella strollers were very practival for travelling, becuase of the easy fold. but today you can find real strolers (with softer and larer wheels, better padding, kid facing you, adjustable handles, actual shoppingbasket, full reclining etc) that fold with one hand too.

you can find EVEN more compact travel strollers, that you can take into the cabin.

I dont think malcaren is a bad stroller, but you cant compare techno/quest whells to city mini gt for example.

if you need a stroller, that is multifunctional (easy push on israeli uneven streets, masters stairs easily , easy fold for in and out of car, holds a maxi cosy etc) than maclaren is not the way to go imho.

again, do as you please, but maybe visiting a babystore and SEEING all types of different strolers (bugaboo, city mini, upa baby, etc etc etc micro and umbrella strolers) may make it easier for you to make a decision.
oh and remember: in the stpre ALL strollers push smoothly: the ground is even and there is no heavy baby plus bag and shopping inside.

elaela

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:21 am
whichever decision you will make enjoy your choice and use it in best health!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:06 pm
elaela wrote:
whichever decision you will make enjoy your choice and use it in best health!!!

Thanks so much for your input and brachos!! Amen!!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:11 pm
I always think it’s funny that people make a big deal about the baby carriage when there’s a much bigger deal inside!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:14 pm
Delete
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics