Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is ur DD going to sem thru Maalot or Touro?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:08 am
I have a daughter going to seminary in EY next year. I would like to send her through a program like TTI, that applies FAFSA and will give her a BA through a combination of sem credits and online course work. Problem is my daughter wants a career in Sciences and TTI has no BA in Science. If you sent through Touro or Maalot, how did it work? Did your daughter get a BA through them with a combination of sem credits and online courses after Seminary? In what field? And did they apply FAFSA to significantly decrease the cost like TTI? Thank you

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:10 am
You can't do Touro with just online classes.

What type of science field does she want to go into?

Does she have any high school credits?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:12 am
I think if you do Touro you have to actually go to the school.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:14 am
She wants to go into Engineering, and we have researched extensively and know how the process works.

I am just hoping there is a way to combine an online BA in the Sciences with Seminary credits, and apply FAFSA to make it all affordable. After which she can take an engineering course or pursue her Master's with student loans.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:16 am
Going to Touro is probably not an option because we don't live in NY. Does anyone have experience going to Seminary and getting an online BA through Maalot?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:32 am
My niece is going through Maalot (baltimore). I was told that in order to get credit from Maalot Baltimore you have to commit to attend Maalot and finish your degree through them.

She may need to do engineering as a Masters.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:01 pm
The most direct way to do engineering would be in a non-Jewish program.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a daughter going to seminary in EY next year. I would like to send her through a program like TTI, that applies FAFSA and will give her a BA through a combination of sem credits and online course work. Problem is my daughter wants a career in Sciences and TTI has no BA in Science. If you sent through Touro or Maalot, how did it work? Did your daughter get a BA through them with a combination of sem credits and online courses after Seminary? In what field? And did they apply FAFSA to significantly decrease the cost like TTI? Thank you

I see they have a BS in psychology. Would that help?

https://testingandtraining.com.....lors/

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I see they have a BS in psychology. Would that help?

https://testingandtraining.com.....lors/

You need many math and science prerequisites to become an engineer. I don't think TTI has those.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
You need many math and science prerequisites to become an engineer. I don't think TTI has those.

Does Naaleh have anything?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Does Naaleh have anything?

Just looked, no science for undergrad. It seems TTI is the cheapest way to go to Seminary when you get FAFSA, and in six months later you have a BA...but then my daughter would need a second BA in Sciences from a secular online school before she could take her engineering course or go for her Master's....ok...

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:10 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
My niece is going through Maalot (baltimore). I was told that in order to get credit from Maalot Baltimore you have to commit to attend Maalot and finish your degree through them.

This is correct. You must commit to attending Maalot (now called WITS) in person after returning from Seminary in order to go through their ISAP (Israel Study Abroad Program), which allows you to apply FAFSA to seminary.

OP - would your daughter consider coming to Baltimore for a year after seminary? It's a great program!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:17 am
@ OP - Don’t forget TI (Chicago) .

AFAIK the college can’t force seminary girls to attend even after signing up for their Israel program.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
@ OP - Don’t forget TI (Chicago) .

AFAIK the college can’t force seminary girls to attend even after signing up for their Israel program.

No one can force anyone to do anything, but it would be wrong to sign up for this program if the intent is not to do so. They would have to point blank lie because this question is specifically asked. The reason is that in order to keep the accreditation they need to be below a certain dropout rate. If a girl enrolls in WITS to go to sem and then does not complete her degree through WITS, she is considered a dropout and records are all kept by the State. Of course there are some circumstances in which a student has to drop out for personal or other reasons, but I would expect that most people would have more integrity than to take advantage of this very useful program if they have no intention of following the rules.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics