Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Contacted mother of DD's friend

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:07 pm
DD (14) has a very good friend who it sounds like has been having some mental health issues lately. Reportedly recently had two panic attacks and hasn't been at school in a week. DD has been talking with her on the phone almost every day (even before these episodes) but I can tell she's worried about her friend.
I asked her if she wanted me to reach out to the mother and see what's going on and she agreed. So I texted that DD is worried about her friend and asked if there's anything DD can do to help.
Now I feel bad. Was that the wrong thing to do? I don't want the mother to feel even more pressure in a stressful situation

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:08 pm
You texted. She doesn't have to read it or respond if she doesn't want to.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:16 pm
I think you dealt with it perfectly. A text is a non pressure way to let her know you and DD are there if they want but you understand if they are too busy to answer you.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:14 pm
If I were the mother of the girl, I would think it very nice that you were supportive and understanding.

She may not be able to answer you right away, but she'll feel like you care, and that's the most important thing.

Stars

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:16 pm
You did good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children