Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who is the bra fitting expert

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:59 pm
When regular stores spend over an hour trying to find something that fits you but they really can’t fit you right?
I’ve been all over... I need serious help.
I’m in NJ - used to be one in NY
I’ll travel to get it right.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:16 pm
Even a place like Aerie have associates to aid in bra fitting. You just need to be open with them, and not be too insulted or shocked when they give you bra sizes to try on that you'd never think you would wear in a million years.

Unless you have a size that requires professional fitting. Does Tafy in Lakewood still exist? They're a Jewish establishment that have people help with sizing. They're pros at minimizers, which was super helpful for an uncomfortable teen who was fully developed at 13 Thumbs Up

(P.S. I'm not 100% on the spelling of that Jewish intimates store. I think Tafy, but I could be wrong, or it might be such an old place that over the years, there are other stores that took its place.)

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:27 pm
Shalva boutique. On valley drive in Lakewood.
She is the only one that was able to fit me within a few minutes. (732) 966-6648

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:37 pm
Im a very difficult fit, 38/40`DDD

But Saposh is always able to help..

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:14 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Im a very difficult fit, 38/40`DDD

But Saposh is always able to help..

Try a 34G 😊

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:16 pm
I love the way saposh fits

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:27 pm
I always like Your Top Priority in Brooklyn better than Saposh or Myself even if I don’t end up with the prettiest bra they give me the best shape.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Try a 34G 😊

Me too!
In lkwd I’ve been happy with myself lingerie and in Brooklyn I like your top priority

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:23 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Even a place like Aerie have associates to aid in bra fitting. You just need to be open with them, and not be too insulted or shocked when they give you bra sizes to try on that you'd never think you would wear in a million years.

Unless you have a size that requires professional fitting. Does Tafy in Lakewood still exist? They're a Jewish establishment that have people help with sizing. They're pros at minimizers, which was super helpful for an uncomfortable teen who was fully developed at 13 Thumbs Up

(P.S. I'm not 100% on the spelling of that Jewish intimates store. I think Tafy, but I could be wrong, or it might be such an old place that over the years, there are other stores that took its place.)

Well, I’m currently wearing a bra right now from Tafi and I’m coming out of it on one side. That’s after returning a bra that was killing me and they admitted that the size was not right for me when I brought it back. That was after spending over an hour in the store and finally being told that the uncomfortable bra was the best fit for me. Spent another hour and tried on around 30 more. My problem is that I’m bigger on one side and have grown from a 34 A to a 36 DD .. sometimes it’s 36DD...depending on who fits me.
I’ve been to saposh of course and top priority and purple orchid. Each time I spend over an hour and they can’t figure out what to give me.
At saposh I got fitted once by someone who looked so familiar. Turns out she used to be the cashier in the fruit store I shopped at and was trained to be a bra fitter. It was before I got married and bought a few new ones. Had to go back when I was absolutely uncomfortable with what I had. Mrs Saposh herself checked and told me to return some of them. I think I ended up with a credit for a very long time. Not sure if I ever used it.
Basically I’m droopy, uneven and slightly large. I feel like it’s hopeless. Looking for a top fitter. Not necessarily the name of a store that has a few fitters.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I love the way saposh fits

Which person fit you?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 2:19 am
I was very happy with Myself Lingerie in lakewood. I prefer the owner who comes in from Brooklyn a few days a week.

Will work with you to find something that looks good AND is comfortable. They will do alterations to make it fit well or for comfort.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 6:14 am
Orchard Corset in East Side of Manhattan and Bra Tenders in Manhattan are both top fighters. You need an appointment with either one, but I believe you will be surprised at how well you will be fit.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:11 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Orchard Corset in East Side of Manhattan and Bra Tenders in Manhattan are both top fighters. You need an appointment with either one, but I believe you will be surprised at how well you will be fit.

I second Orchard St Corset in Manhattan. IME no one beats her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:15 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

Thank you

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:36 am
Following
I’m droopy large and uneven with a skinny waist...
Every place in Brooklyn loves va bien... I don’t! But they have such a limited view and precious else to offer

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:36 am
Orchard corset is amazing, as a teen she was the only one I went to who made me feel good and confident in what I wore.
Recently I’ve been to myself lingerie, somebody recommended Clara as a fitter and she did a great job as well. I heard she goes back and forth between BP and Lakewood.
(Talking as someone big on top all my years and now pregnant and a 38 E Crying)

imokay

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:42 am
I completely relate! I used to spend hours in bra stores and have a whole collection of unworn bras at home. Then I tried Prima Donna brand bras and though they are expensive, the fit is just spectacular.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:37 am
Bra tenders in the city are the most amazing fitters! They’ll even custom make something for you if needed. Also, each type of clothing needs a different bra so take along some tops when being fitted for bras.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics