Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How to make staying home into a retreat
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:35 am
yksraya wrote:
Hire waiter service, and cleaning help to do the dishes and cleaning after meals etc.

Cook in advance or order ready food.

Get some good milchig miniatures, cheesecakes and salads for milchig kiddush.

Perhaps prepare (or order) a cute welcome package and rolled up towels to set for the married guests, to give it a hotel-like feel.

Hire a babysitter for the little kids, at least for some of the time, if you want to spoil the marrieds.

Treat yourself to a book you enjoy.

Maybe have a party planner, or anyone creative who enjoys to party plan, set up the dining room (or where you'll be eating) very nicely for the meals/kiddush.

Thanks this morning s helpful
I think I need a party planner

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Why do you think the single kids wouldn't enjoy pampering too?

I think she means the married kids' children...

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:53 am
I like the idea of hiring a caterer who sets up and cleans up in your home.
Please make sure you have regular cleaning help every day so the house stays in order, bathrooms stay clean etc
And buy lots of cakes, fruits etc for snacking
Remember to have a hot kugel in the oven for guests when they arrive .. since you’re on vacation and not cooking, order an extra kugel from the caterer.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:57 am
This sounds like such a great idea. Someone should do this as a business model and advertise.

Simple1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:08 pm
Look through Michael's, Home Goods or wherever for quick ideas to spruce up your home decor. They should have a nice selection of flowers.

Simple1

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:23 pm
This depends on if you have outdoor living space. If so, treat yourself to outdoor furniture. Maybe something simple and very comfortable like zero gravity chairs. Then hope for good weather.

The only problem is that everyone will want to join in the fun and there may be fights over it. (Assuming it's not practical to buy enough for everyone.)

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
We made shabbos nachamu into a hotel weekend. My kids were upset “everyone” going away but us. They put signs on bedroom doors room 214 and make “keys” that said 214. They made place cards and schedules. We got extra magazines and fruit platters, and candy platters, peanut chew platters and set up a tea room. We got fancy paper goods and flowers. We ordered all the food including salmon, soup with lukshen, chicken, meat, kugel, side dishes, salads, challah everything. My husband picked up boxes of food and we stuck in oven. I didn’t cook or wash a dish. Got new books and toys for kids. It felt like a vacation shabbos in our own house. It was amazing don’t know if that’s what u have in mind.

Whoever you are I officially love you.

lk1234

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:53 pm
We made shabbos nachamu into a hotel weekend. My kids were upset “everyone” going away but us. They put signs on bedroom doors room 214 and make “keys” that said 214. They made place cards and schedules. We got extra magazines and fruit platters, and candy platters, peanut chew platters and set up a tea room. We got fancy paper goods and flowers. We ordered all the food including salmon, soup with lukshen, chicken, meat, kugel, side dishes, salads, challah everything. My husband picked up boxes of food and we stuck in oven. I didn’t cook or wash a dish. Got new books and toys for kids. It felt like a vacation shabbos in our own house. It was amazing don’t know if that’s what u have in mind.

This is amazing! Thank you so much for this idea!!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:09 pm

Very cute but that takes a lot of work, energy and creativity. Not what op was looking for now.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Very cute but that takes a lot of work, energy and creativity. Not what op was looking for now.

It wasn’t a lot of work energy or creativity. We ordered everything and relaxed. I was giving ideas if Op doesn’t like it she doesn’t have to do it. I live in Lakewood where u can order everything

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:54 pm
It wasn’t a lot of work energy or creativity. We ordered everything and relaxed. I was giving ideas if Op doesn’t like it she doesn’t have to do it. I live in Lakewood where u can order everything

I actually thought it was cute
I would love to find a good caterer that can make yummy foods I can eat.
I have a few intolerances and it gets hard.
And everyone else wants EVERYTHING
I’m ok with ordering 2 different menus
But the caterers here are not good.

I love the idea of a business that comes into your home and gives you that resort feel

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:21 pm
Op, which area do you live in? Maybe someone can recommend a private caterer?

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I actually thought it was cute
I would love to find a good caterer that can make yummy foods I can eat.
I have a few intolerances and it gets hard.
And everyone else wants EVERYTHING
I’m ok with ordering 2 different menus
But the caterers here are not good.

I love the idea of a business that comes into your home and gives you that resort feel

There are chefs out there that can cook according to your specifications, even hose who will do it in your home if you wish.
But don’t forget to hire waiter service and cleaning help along with it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Op, which area do you live in? Maybe someone can recommend a private caterer?

Near NMB

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Near NMB

https://instagram.com/cheftzip.....8lr4u

https://instagram.com/batyaski.....0fx2w

yksraya

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Why do you think the single kids wouldn't enjoy pampering too?
why do you think you know what I'm thinking?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics