Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Contaminated water in Toms River

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:48 pm
I have heard about contaminated water wells in parts of Toms River. How can I find out which areas this affects and if there are safer and less safe areas to live?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have heard about contaminated water wells in parts of Toms River. How can I find out which areas this affects and if there are safer and less safe areas to live?

Live in Toms River and wondering the same

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 11:47 pm
Most of the areas that were affected don't have houses there

cms

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:05 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Most of the areas that were affected don't have houses there

How do you know that? Where do you get the information of which areas were and weren't affected?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:56 am
I don’t live in Toms River, but Only use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I don’t live in Toms River, but Only use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

Just so you know, bottled water isn't necessarily purer or safer than tap water. In fact, many bottled waters are nothing more than municipal tap water from a city other than your own. Water that has stood for a long time in plastic bottles can have high levels of carcinogenic plasticizers leached from the bottles, especially if the bottles were exposed to heat such as inside a car with the sun shining in.

If you buy bottled water to take along with you to work or on trips. DO NOT leave it in your car, especially in summer. If you did leave it in your car or on the windowsill or other warm place, use it to water your lawn, fill your flower vases, wash your windows, dilute paint or any other use but don't drink it.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Just so you know, bottled water isn't necessarily purer or safer than tap water. In fact, many bottled waters are nothing more than municipal tap water from a city other than your own. Water that has stood for a long time in plastic bottles can have high levels of carcinogenic plasticizers leached from the bottles, especially if the bottles were exposed to heat such as inside a car with the sun shining in.

If you buy bottled water to take along with you to work or on trips. DO NOT leave it in your car, especially in summer. If you did leave it in your car or on the windowsill or other warm place, use it to water your lawn, fill your flower vases, wash your windows, dilute paint or any other use but don't drink it.

Thanks for sharing, I never knew this!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, it is what is called a "superfund site." The toxic waste has seeped into the groundwater and subsequently into wells and the drinking water. The entire area is contaminated and has not been cleaned yet, and will take decades to clean. No part of Tom's River is safe, as far as I know. I wouldn't live there no matter how great a house I could get at how great a price.

https://www.app.com/story/news.....2002/

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 1:55 pm
I agree with Green. I would be scared to live there and I hope people there advocate for their health.

Reality

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Yes, it is what is called a "superfund site." The toxic waste has seeped into the groundwater and subsequently into wells and the drinking water. The entire area is contaminated and has not been cleaned yet, and will take decades to clean. No part of Tom's River is safe, as far as I know. I wouldn't live there no matter how great a house I could get at how great a price.

Yup. There is a reason prices are so cheap.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Sorry, here's the link:

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries