Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Yisroel Chaim

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:29 pm
We're expecting a boy be"H. We always planned on calling him Yisroel Meir after the Chofetz Chaim. Lately I've been thinking of using my grandfathers middle name Chaim (we can't use his first name) instead of Meir so it would be Yisroel Chaim. We've always either named entirely after someone or entirely just names that we like so I feel strange using a first name that we like and a middle name that's after someone (especially when it's his middle name).
I guess I'm looking for a reason to use that combination. Is there anything special to the combination Yisroel Chaim? (a special meaning, source, connection to this time of year, name of a tzaddik). Of course I know that I don't need a reason to use the name, but I'd like to find something.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:04 pm
Delete double post

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:05 pm
HaRav Belsky zt"l was named Chaim Yisroel

Now that I mention it, I think he was niftar around this time of year? Not sure

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
HaRav Belsky zt"l was named Chaim Yisroel

Now that I mention it, I think he was niftar around this time of year? Not sure

Sorry, my mistake, it was 19 Shvat

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:26 pm
That’s my nephews name. They also combined names after 2 grandfathers. My brother really wanted Chaim Yisrael, after his favorite singer LOL but the baby’s mom wanted Yisrael Chaim and so it was.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:48 pm
I think it’s a gorgeous name - Yisrael (Klal Yisrael at their best) Chaim - is living.

Also - Rabbi Yisrael Chaim Kaplan Zatzal, was Rosh Yeshiva of BME in Monsey (previously from Brisk) and son in law of Rav Yeruchem Levovitz.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:15 pm
Lekiti merich - yisroel chaim leifer - very big tzaddik has yurzeit coming up this time of year. My close relative is named this combination after 2 grandfathers. Its a pretty common combination

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:51 pm
It's a great name. My cousin is married a very amazing baal middos with this name. But anyways I just want to let you know there is an opinion that when combining two names you create a new name. It's Munkatch I believe, but others hold this way too. Do whatever you want, but thought I might as well let you know for the future.

Radish

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:57 pm
It's a lovely name!

salt

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 1:28 am
It reminds me of Am Yisrael Chai.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names