Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
DAY CAMP

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:43 pm
I heard the gvmt is offering free daycamp for all kids Nursery-12. Even kids from private schools.
Anyone have more details?!
How come my kids day cAnp is still charging regular full price like last year??
I heard all staff are going to be paid through the program. So what do we need to still pay so much for? Banging head

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:47 pm
del

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:50 pm
Where are you pulling your information from if your own camp doesn't have that info?

enneamom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:52 pm
Family planning? Well, I guess it is a kind of family planning...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:52 pm
enneamom wrote:

Laugh that's pretty funny

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:53 pm
What city/ state/ country are you in?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:54 pm
What’s the name of the program? In what state is this?

lfab

They are not offering free camp. They are offering free summer school to all NYC students, even private school children. It is to help kids catch up due to the pandemic. But they will be placed in a local public school program and not kept in a strictly religious program. If you want them in an environment only with other frum kids you'll still have to pay for camp.

thunderstorm

lfab wrote:
They are not offering free camp. They are offering free summer school to all NYC students, even private school children. It is to help kids catch up due to the pandemic. But they will be placed in a local public school program and not kept in a strictly religious program. If you want them in an environment only with other frum kids you'll still have to pay for camp.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense

lfab

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:56 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
What’s the name of the program? In what state is this?

They are calling the program summer rising if I remember correctly. This is in NYC.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:58 pm
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new.....5939/

chestnut

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 4:59 pm
lfab wrote:

Could be a great alternative for families who can't afford day camp, if enough families do it. Only there won't be fun activities there and plenty of studying. Doubt kids will be happy...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:37 pm
lfab wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. Yes I was talking about NYC.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 5:39 pm
But I heard a few day camps are doing a program... The counselors are getting paid very nicely through the gvmt, as Title 1. So is it like summer schools? They don't have to pay the counselors Bec it's going to legally be catapult/title 1

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But I heard a few day camps are doing a program... The counselors are getting paid very nicely through the gvmt, as Title 1. So is it like summer schools? They don't have to pay the counselors Bec it's going to legally be catapult/title 1

Don’t know too much about this, but for years there’s been a youth Corp program where the counselors in the NYC day camps get paid thru the govt.. how is this different?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:20 pm
enneamom wrote:

Now if they’ll also offer free tuition I will plan on having more kids right away hehe

Einikel

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:26 pm
I’m sure yeshivas will find a way to tap into this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries