Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cellulitis and normal white count possible?UPDATE
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:42 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Mix some bentonite clay with water to make a paste and spread over infected area. Bentonite has healing properties and will draw out toxins and bacteria

Where do I get it? Any health shop?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where do I get it? Any health shop?
Yes. Also called miracle clay in some frum health food stores

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:49 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Yes. Also called miracle clay in some frum health food stores

I heard of miracle clay years ago. But I was told to use it for a diaper rash. Didn't know it can help for something so serious.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ooh now you're scaring me. DD is taking meds. What else can she do to prevent it? DD is taking clindamycin 3x a day.

Sorry! I wrote my post to calm you down! The red line started on my leg because I wasn't on a strong enough antibiotic. I was on keflex, which actually didn't work for me another time recently, but that's another story. If she's on a good antibiotic, she should be good. The red line is something to look out for though. I fainted and that's when my mother saw it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Sorry! I wrote my post to calm you down! The red line started on my leg because I wasn't on a strong enough antibiotic. I was on keflex, which actually didn't work for me another time recently, but that's another story. If she's on a good antibiotic, she should be good. The red line is something to look out for though. I fainted and that's when my mother saw it

Is clindamycin strong enough? I'm so not experienced. Lol. I'm learning on the job and from this back and forth.
Fever started somewhere between last night and in middle of the night. DD noticed red patch this morning when she woke up but didn't think it's something serious. She by mistake mentioned but to me at around 10-11. Went to the Dr right away and started meds around 3 ish. Clindamycin 3x a day. So today will only be twice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:05 pm
I feel like I need some type of crash course. Lol. Is cellulitis in the same category as MRSA?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

What were you switched to?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is clindamycin strong enough? I'm so not experienced. Lol. I'm learning on the job and from this back and forth.
Fever started somewhere between last night and in middle of the night. DD noticed red patch this morning when she woke up but didn't think it's something serious. She by mistake mentioned but to me at around 10-11. Went to the Dr right away and started meds around 3 ish. Clindamycin 3x a day. So today will only be twice.

No clue. But I waited a good few days to even tell my mother it was bothering me. I went to podiatrist who put me on keflex, next day I fainted and mom noticed red line. I was put on other antibiotic (I'm not sure what, sorry) and it all went away, I didn't need anything else. It really wasn't so bad. I sat with my foot elevated, took my antibiotic and that was all

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel like I need some type of crash course. Lol. Is cellulitis in the same category as MRSA?

Cellulitis is an infection. Mrsa is a bacteria (staph) that is methicillin resistant. The doctor is probably suspecting the area to be infected with mrsa. Is it fully closed or were they able to culture it?
Clindamycin is a very strong oral antibiotic that is usually sensitive to MRSA. Iyh it will work and the infection should clear up! Refuah sheleima

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:31 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Cellulitis is an infection. Mrsa is a bacteria (staph) that is methicillin resistant. The doctor is probably suspecting the area to be infected with mrsa. Is it fully closed or were they able to culture it?
Clindamycin is a very strong oral antibiotic that is usually sensitive to MRSA. Iyh it will work and the infection should clear up! Refuah sheleima

It's bh closed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:33 pm

Got it. Tnx for explaining.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:38 pm
Please get your daughter probiotics that contains saccharomyces boulardii. I think florastor does, or you can get the nutri supreme capsules. (I’m sure there are other good brands, but I was recommended that).
Clindamycin is very tough on the stomach. The probiotics should balance things out. It has to be taken about 2 hours apart though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 11:50 pm
Please get your daughter probiotics that contains saccharomyces boulardii. I think florastor does, or you can get the nutri supreme capsules. (I’m sure there are other good brands, but I was recommended that).
Clindamycin is very tough on the stomach. The probiotics should balance things out. It has to be taken about 2 hours apart though.

I actually take (or supposed to take) the nutri supreme probiotics so it's something I have in the house. Tnx will do.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:24 am
Bh this morning it's looking much better. It's not so red and burning like yesterday. Tnx everybody.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics