Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Where to buy a new shaitel in Flatbush?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:42 pm
I am looking to buy a new shaitel. The problem is that I don't know where to go. I tried the person that I use for wash "n" sets, but I was not successful. I am specifically looking for someone that can guide me well, as I am not really sure what I want. I very much just want something updated that looks good to my face. I am looking for someone honest that will stand behind what she sells. Any recommendations?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:48 pm
I haven’t been by her in a few years but I am happiest by Chevy Kirschner and plan to buy my next wig with her IyH. I like her wigs, the prices (that was then, I don’t know about now) and her cutting skills.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 1:49 pm
Gittel Rosenzweig is someone I’ve seen on Instagram who looks good. She understands the construction of the wig very well and seems very compassionate and customer-friendly.
I’m curious what people say about her.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 2:11 pm
Menucha kaminsky
She is amazing!!!!!

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 2:14 pm
I've been a happy customer of Ruchama Weinreb (Ave. L - 13/14) for many years and many shaitels!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Menucha kaminsky
She is amazing!!!!!

Where does she live? I once used her when she lived on east 13th and Ave J, but then I heard she moved?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:33 pm
Anyone bought by sari steigman?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am looking to buy a new shaitel. The problem is that I don't know where to go. I tried the person that I use for wash "n" sets, but I was not successful. I am specifically looking for someone that can guide me well, as I am not really sure what I want. I very much just want something updated that looks good to my face. I am looking for someone honest that will stand behind what she sells. Any recommendations?

Aziza. Honest and a doll.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:36 am
Chaya Heiligman
718) 715-9009

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where does she live? I once used her when she lived on east 13th and Ave J, but then I heard she moved?

She opened a new salon on ave K between Nostrand and east 29th and She's still fantastic

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:04 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I haven’t been by her in a few years but I am happiest by Chevy Kirschner and plan to buy my next wig with her IyH. I like her wigs, the prices (that was then, I don’t know about now) and her cutting skills.

So you sound like you've bought by other ppl and have not been happy, and you have been happy by Chevy? Is that a correct assumption?

Also do you know what brands she sells?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So you sound like you've bought by other ppl and have not been happy, and you have been happy by Chevy? Is that a correct assumption?

Also do you know what brands she sells?

Correct.
I bought a Katie, don’t think she makes it but don’t think anyone else sells it. I’m sure she sells more.
She’s on Instagram if you want to check out her work.
I also found she does different ages and dif cuts, not everyone walks out with the same style.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:15 am
Correct.
I bought a Katie, don’t think she makes it but don’t think anyone else sells it. I’m sure she sells more.
She’s on Instagram if you want to check out her work.
I also found she does different ages and dif cuts, not everyone walks out with the same style.

Thanks, I am going to check out her Instagram.
Have you found that she is good at guiding ppl, like I really have no clue what I want...I want something updated but also looks good to my face? but I am literally clueless when it comes to shaitels.

In my experience, I have found that unless you buy a new shaitel every year, and spend a fortune, the average shaitelmacher doesnt want to waste time with you...is she like that?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, I am going to check out her Instagram.
Have you found that she is good at guiding ppl, like I really have no clue what I want...I want something updated but also looks good to my face? but I am literally clueless when it comes to shaitels.

In my experience, I have found that unless you buy a new shaitel every year, and spend a fortune, the average shaitelmacher doesnt want to waste time with you...is she like that?

No BH I found she had patience and encouraged me to come back a few times if needed. (I am intimidated by shaitel machers and an not a high-spending customer.) And I did.
Ask her for ideas. She knows how to make your face look good. She has look books. Ask her about your face, your style of dress. Be upfront with her that you don’t know what you want. She’s nice but be clear, not wishy-washy. (I was at times and regret it- no one can make you happy if you don’t know what you want)
I think for me what differentiated her from others was her talent. She cuts nice shapes. Sounds funny but there’s a style, accenting the face or features.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:26 am
No BH I found she had patience and encouraged me to come back a few times if needed. (I am intimidated by shaitel machers and an not a high-spending customer.) And I did.
Ask her for ideas. She knows how to make your face look good. She has look books. Ask her about your face, your style of dress. Be upfront with her that you don’t know what you want. She’s nice but be clear, not wishy-washy. (I was at times and regret it- no one can make you happy if you don’t know what you want)
I think for me what differentiated her from others was her talent. She cuts nice shapes. Sounds funny but there’s a style, accenting the face or features.

Thank you, I really appreciate you answering my questions Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels