Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 63  64  65 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 2:56 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I grew up in Brooklyn as a chassidish girl in a chassidish family going to chassidish school.

Tell me about your handwriting

B'H, I have a clear, legible handwriting. I've noticed that my handwriting has changed several times over the decades. I find this fact interesting. I feel, imho, that one's handwriting is also based on how one's feeling and for me, which pen I'm using.

Tell me about does it interest you about the life of America's President and VP? I'm not referring to media mudslinging them or the paparazzi.
eg. I'm from England and find it interesting to read about the British Royal Family. Again, not nasty news. I was happy at the births of Prince William's children, and Prince Harry's son. I felt sad hearing about the very recent death of Prince Phillip. B'H it's a Malchus shel Chesed.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 6:55 pm
Honestly not really. When I was in 5th grade though I was very excited that the governor of New Jersey was a woman cuz I was a little girl and it was like a big deal to me But since then no.

Tell me about your day mine wasn't saying I didn't even have a chance to look at imamother all day

simcha4

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 7:56 pm
singleagain wrote:
Honestly not really. When I was in 5th grade though I was very excited that the governor of New Jersey was a woman cuz I was a little girl and it was like a big deal to me But since then no.

Tell me about your day mine wasn't saying I didn't even have a chance to look at imamother all day

The last few days incl. today I've been feeling like I have the flu - achy, like feverish, headache, weak, and I have a cold. Today I slept a lot.

Tell me about your likes and dislikes, only if u feel comfortable revealing. If not, I'll change the Q.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 9:01 pm
simcha4 wrote:
The last few days incl. today I've been feeling like I have the flu - achy, like feverish, headache, weak, and I have a cold. Today I slept a lot.

Tell me about your likes and dislikes, only if u feel comfortable revealing. If not, I'll change the Q.

I have got a lot ... Can we get a little bit more specific I mean like there's a lot of things I like and the truth is there's a lot less I dislike....

I dislike raw tomatoes. I think they are slimey

Tell me about a food you will never never never eat

simcha4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 12:08 am
singleagain wrote:
I have got a lot ... Can we get a little bit more specific I mean like there's a lot of things I like and the truth is there's a lot less I dislike....

I dislike raw tomatoes. I think they are slimey

Tell me about a food you will never never never eat

unkosher food

Tell me about an item you possess that's most precious to you.

salt

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:46 am
simcha4 wrote:
unkosher food

Tell me about an item you possess that's most precious to you.

I'm not that sentimental, so nothing comes to mind immediately. I guess I would say a few nice items that used to belong to my mother, that my father gave me after she passed away. Not expensive items, but they just remind me of her when I use them.

Tell me about your knowledge in Tanach.

simcha4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 2:53 am
salt wrote:
I'm not that sentimental, so nothing comes to mind immediately. I guess I would say a few nice items that used to belong to my mother, that my father gave me after she passed away. Not expensive items, but they just remind me of her when I use them.

Tell me about your knowledge in Tanach.

Sorry. Not much. Several decades have passed since I went to school.

Tell me about 2 mitzvahs that you very much like/enjoy doing.

salt

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:03 am
simcha4 wrote:
Sorry. Not much. Several decades have passed since I went to school.

Tell me about 2 mitzvahs that you very much like/enjoy doing.

I like Shabbat, in particular, Friday night kiddush and seuda.
And I am always fascinated by the mitzva of brit mila. It's something Jews of all levels of affiliation have been doing in the most difficult circumstances throughout our history. It's such a hard mitzva to perform, the only reason we do it is because we want to keep Hashem's covenant.

Tell me about your hair.

simcha4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 3:21 am
salt wrote:
I like Shabbat, in particular, Friday night kiddush and seuda.
And I am always fascinated by the mitzva of brit mila. It's something Jews of all levels of affiliation have been doing in the most difficult circumstances throughout our history. It's such a hard mitzva to perform, the only reason we do it is because we want to keep Hashem's covenant.

Tell me about your hair.

I like your answer. Very poignant. Tizku Lemitzvos.

Re my hair - telling about it when I was a girl - I had beautiful natural wavy, blonde-brown, not thin, shoulder length hair.

Tell me about your career.

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:17 am
I'm a secretary but that's not my career. My passion is writing. I really want to write a book

Tell me about early mornings

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:19 am
I know it's the early morning and not the night if I suddenly hear the birds tweeting

Tell me about the book you want to write

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:20 am
I'm not sure I have so many ideas

Tell me about your supervisor

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:21 am
Well my boss is really great very understanding guy flexible with my hours and stuff like that very very glad I have him as a boss

Tell me just one of your ideas

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:16 am
Its gr8 to have a good boss. Makes life so much simpler.

Ok one of my ideas? I want to write a novel about some cult or something in that direction. Extremism or communism maybe. That direction.

Tell me about your office browser. Do you have access to things on your computer like YouTube etc?

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 10:14 am
Absolutely I don't think there's any sort of filter on it and honestly it's it's good because I can look up sometimes I need to look up barcodes and stuff like that I can get really annoying

Tell me about your office setup Do you have more than one computer monitor

simcha4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:45 pm
[quote="singleagain"]I know it's the early morning and not the night if I suddenly hear the birds tweeting

I also enjoy hearing the birds tweeting in the early morning quiet. Actually, the tweeting is the birds singing Shira to Hashem. I love listening to it.

simcha4

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 7:21 pm
singleagain wrote:
Absolutely I don't think there's any sort of filter on it and honestly it's it's good because I can look up sometimes I need to look up barcodes and stuff like that I can get really annoying

Tell me about your office setup Do you have more than one computer monitor

I work from home. My office is a corner of my bedroom. I have a desk, with shelves and drawers.
On the desk is my laptop computer. A holder for pens/pencils. A pkt. of tissues. Files, books I need for work, and a telephone book go on the shelves. Writing paper and a Siddur and Tehillim in the drawers and other small items I need, organized neatly in containers/holders. I always say a Kapittel Tehillim before starting work, asking Hashem that the work go smoothly. I should enjoy it and be successful. It makes me feel good.
I have a telephone on a base nearby.
Under the desk is a small garbage bin.
The less I have on my desk the better. I find clutter disturbs my concentration and focus. In addition to neatness I like to work on clean surfaces. When I've finished work, I wipe the desk with baby wipes. And twice a week the computer. I find that dust settles very fast on things and I'm allergic to dust.
On the wall above the desk are a few small cutouts of encouraging quotes and sayings, and a yellow smiley that my sweet granddaughter made for me. Smile

Tell me about where you put your Shabbos candlesticks, and what else you have there for lecht bentching.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 13 2021, 9:17 pm
You painted such a lovely picture of you're office space. Btw.. I've heard that coffee filters are good for cleaning dust off electronic screens... It doesn't leave the same residue of a paper towel

My candles are on a mirror behind my moms candles. There are a few glass tchotchkes there. And pictures.... I actually recently polished my candlesticks for the first time in years... I was very excited.. here's a pic I took after I did one

Tell me what you take pictures mostly of (mine is grocery items and barcodes

salt

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 2:56 am
singleagain wrote:

Tell me what you take pictures mostly of (mine is grocery items and barcodes

I don't have a smartphone so I don't have my camera in my pocket at all times. So when I take photos it's usually on a trip or vacation, but then I'm not usually the one in charge of the camera. One of my kids is.

Tell me about someone you knew or heard of who was killed in one of Israel's wars or terror attacks (in honour of Yom Hazikaron).

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:06 pm
I actually don't know anyone really.

Tell me about what your having for your next meal
Page 64 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 63  64  65 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics