Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Special ed, speech ot etc

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:58 am
Do you work in anh of these type of fields? Has work even been done to fight for getting paid for work such as prep time paperwork and collaborating with parents etc...it is so unfair and not proper or ethical that hours and hours of work time goes unpaid...im hoping for a change...

elmommy

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:59 pm
I'm an OT- I work fee for service and don't get paid for notes etc. I don't know if anyone ever tried to get this changed, but there are a few agencies that do pay to write notes (don't want to post them publicly in case I have them wrong) and there are many jobs you can get that paid for notes. I do want to present the flip side that when you get paid for all the notes and billing etc and you become salaried, you loose the perks that come along with fee for service work that most frum women do in these fields which is mainly the flexibility which is why people do this (the pay for this type of work isn't so great otherwise). If you get a salary and it includes note time and phone calls etc, you loose flexibility and generally have to work the specific work hours they want etc.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:02 pm
SLP here. Lol that would be nice to get paid for paperwork Twisted Evil

I never heard of an agency paying for paperwork time

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:05 pm
SETSS (p3 provider). I never got paid for prep time, paperwork, etc. but I get paid a high hourly rate for the time I work with my clients, so I guess it pays off...

(teachers don't get paid for prep either. and they do plenty! It's part of the job)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:10 pm
SLP here, in a hospital setting. There’s waaayyy less paperwork with geriatrics than with peds. One of the biggest reasons I left public school was because of the paperwork.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:21 pm
I am an OT. I worked in a contract position and got paid hourly, including paperwork.

Now I work in a public school system and everything is included in my salary. I do not work for free ever. If I do extra work at home, I send in my hours to be paid (up until a certain limit per year). If I can't do it all, I just don't. My district is ultimately responsible if something is not done- not me. And if they overwork me, it is on them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics