Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Where does your five month old “hang out”?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:42 am
My five month old is outgrowing his swing and bouncer. He has a playmat but really loves being in a sitting or somewhat more upright position. He can’t yet sit unattended. I have an old exersaucer from my older children, but I know that’s not recommended, or at least only for very brief periods of time. I’ve also heard that those baby seats are not recommended either. Sooo aside from holding him all day (he is more than fine with that!) any idea where I can let him hang out happily while I try to get a few things done?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:43 am
Babies that age belong on the floor.
You can also put the baby in a big pack play with toys.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:54 am
The fisher price sit me up seat was a favorite. Or sitting on the floor with me with pillows around

Stars

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:55 am
On the floor so he learns to move around

avrahamama

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:01 am
If you out him on the floor you'll have a crawler soon!. It's so good for him.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:02 am
Another vote for on the floor. I put down some blankets in a few different rooms so that baby can watch me as I do whatever around the house.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:04 am
The floor is really best for baby. If you have a reclining seat on the highchair, that could work too, but not ideal for extended amounts of time.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:07 am
Fisher price infant to toddler rocker.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:29 am
My baby goes in his Baby bjorn bouncer, for at least 20 minutes after feeds. He loves making it rock

Mrs. Sunshine

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:16 am
My baby is 8 months and still fits in the swing.
But for hanging out o put her on the floor or in the doona

professor

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:22 am
Was your baby ever on the floor in prone position? Baby might not like it at first, it might be uncomfortable and his nose might get banged on the floor, but after picking the baby up and calming him down, put the baby back on the floor. Put toys around and also be on the floor with the baby and encourage him to try reaching you. He will crawl around before you know it

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:25 am
Another vote for floor!

It helps develop the muscles for extension of the spine and neck, shoulder girdle and the entire arm down to the arches of the hands. (Signed, OT)

metacognizant

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:11 am
When my baby was this age he spent most of his time in a carrier on my back while I was doing things and he wanted to stay close, otherwise he was in a carrier on my husband’s chest, in my arms/on my hip or on the floor. He did get lots of floor time (and he was walking by 9 months) but I think if I was doing stuff around the house he really preferred to be in a carrier— otherwise he’d have the constant anxiety that I was going to go away.

trixx

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:19 am
Red flag that he doesn't like the floor (it means he's been too confined and is lagging the muscles needed to enjoy floor time). Stop the seats, swings, exersaucer for ANY amount of time and put him on the floor with nice toys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics