Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do I have to ask them?

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 5:40 pm
I don't have a personal laptop at home. I do however since covid have a laptop from work which they lent me.
From my computer at work I have access to word and some things on Google.
If I want to use the laptop for personal use do I have to ask my boss if I can or I don't have to?

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 5:41 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I don't have a personal laptop at home. I do however since covid have a laptop from work which they lent me.
From my computer at work I have access to word and some things on Google.
If I want to use the laptop for personal use do I have to ask my boss if I can or I don't have to?

Meaning I would login to my computer from the laptop.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 5:46 pm
Do you mean can you log into your email? I don't think most employers would have an issue with this, but I personally wouldn't do ANYTHING personal on a work laptop. Only because of my privacy issues, not morality. I won't even check my mail on my phone through work wifi.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 6:58 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Do you mean can you log into your email? I don't think most employers would have an issue with this, but I personally wouldn't do ANYTHING personal on a work laptop. Only because of my privacy issues, not morality. I won't even check my mail on my phone through work wifi.

No, I mean login on my work laptop on to my desktop at work to do personal things like use Microsoft Word and have Google acess

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 6:59 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
No, I mean login on my work laptop on to my desktop at work to do personal things like use Microsoft Word and have Google acess

I'm not understanding you.

Ima Piano

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:01 pm
I want to use my laptop that I got from work (intended for work) for personal use.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:47 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I want to use my laptop that I got from work (intended for work) for personal use.

I'm sure they would not mind, but I would not do it out of privacy concerns.

helpful

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:01 pm
You should definitely ask your boss first. Any site that you go into through your "work" computer can affect the main server if it has a virus, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics