Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plus size shopping in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:14 am
I can't believe I've sunk to such a low point, or I should say high point, that I'm asking where to shop for plus size clothing. I've packed on too much weight in the last few years and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to let go of it.
One way or another, I need to have decent clothing to wear. Right now, I have one ratty old sweater I wear every shabbos, sweatshirts from target that I wear every day, and one maternity skirt that I wear every single day of the year.
For too long, I refused to spend money on dressing myself because I wanted to lose weight. But it's just not happening.

I'm so sad it came down to this. Where's the best place for me to go shopping?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:21 am
I got in Brooklyn sw and periwinkle. They both have big sizes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:25 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I got in Brooklyn sw and periwinkle. They both have big sizes.

Thanx for recommendation.

Not sure what size you are, I'm size 18. I can't fit my arms into the sleeves in Brooklyn sw. Mad

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 10:50 am
Omgosh I literally could have written this OP word for word ... 😭😭 with u on this one sister!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanx for recommendation.

Not sure what size you are, I'm size 18. I can't fit my arms into the sleeves in Brooklyn sw. Mad

I believe you because I’m 5 ft tall and I can’t even find a size 12 that fits. Everything there is extremely tight on me. Maybe try periwinkle. They have people there who help you find sizes.
These days I’m finding clothing in kohl’s. Also there’s a store in someone’s house that sells clothing size 16 and above. I went with someone who is a size 20 and they had a nice selection. It’s called A Woman’s Wardrobe “. I’m sure you’ll find something nice for yomtov there.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:06 am
Periwinkle and I’ve been buying from asos and Macy’s

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:10 am
They were very helpful in Brooklyn southwest. I’m also 16-18. They told me Sam fashion and wear n flair run bigger. I got size xl and 1x. Also oops some fit me. Also got black shabbos dress only comes in bigger sizes. She said some companies are making bigger sizes. Ask for Gitty she helped me

Gallery and polk a dot only had small sizes. Nothing fit me

Periwinkle has bigger sizes

A woman’s wardrobe is in someone’s house. I’ve been there

saralem

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:17 am
Same here. But I live OOT. I ordered some dresses from Old Navy in XL tall. The sleeves actually are roomy. They’re flowy tiered dresses. Not beautiful but at least they fit.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 1:42 pm
saralem wrote:
Same here. But I live OOT. I ordered some dresses from Old Navy in XL tall. The sleeves actually are roomy. They’re flowy tiered dresses. Not beautiful but at least they fit.

I just bought 2 dresses from target. they have a huge tzniut selection.

Exhibit A: https://www.target.com/p/women.....metab

where is A woman’s wardrobe in lakewood located?

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 2:35 pm
Try a women's wardrobe. Their clothing is made for you.

chanasmom

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:31 pm
I’ve needed larger sizes and so have a couple of my daughters. I’ve had a lot of luck at Surelle’s. Not everything is pricy and they run sales. If you ask for help, they’re really amazing at finding flattering things. I think they might have the most selection for generous sizes.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:38 pm
chanasmom wrote:
I’ve needed larger sizes and so have a couple of my daughters. I’ve had a lot of luck at Surelle’s. Not everything is pricy and they run sales. If you ask for help, they’re really amazing at finding flattering things. I think they might have the most selection for generous sizes.

Larger sizes in surelles?? I always feel like I can’t fit into their clothing. I’m a size 12.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:40 pm
Where is surelle? Never heard of it

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:27 pm
OP, you deserve to feel good. And you will when you dress your real size. Don't obsess over the number. Just get the fit.
I'm following and I don't feel like a loser. I'll be honest, I'm an xl, not 1x. I'd love to see on line frum clothes that really fit. Because Junees xl isn't, and there's very little in plus sizes.
(Ladies, please don't send links to tight lycra pencil skirts. I want long and not tight.)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:26 pm
I was in the lingerie shoppe in Brooklyn and got loads of compliments on my new weekday summery t-shirts. Tznius, washes well, some more expensive than others but good quality. They have large sizes. I am so happy with whatever I bought. Highly recommend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics