Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Help me find a job for my daughter

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:20 pm
My daughter is 16 and needs a job for the summer. Working in a daycamp is not an option for her. Any ideas? We live in Flatbush.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:27 pm
Does she want to work with a child with a developmental or behavioral challenge? She can work for one of the agencies like hamaspik or comfort health and they can pair her up with a child in your neighborhood.

bobeli

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:35 pm
Regardless of what job, apply to youth corp, the deadline is April 23

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:36 pm
Ty! We applied for youth Corp already. And she stresses out a lot from kids. So it’s best she stay away from having a full time job dealing with kids one on one.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 5:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty! We applied for youth Corp already. And she stresses out a lot from kids. So it’s best she stay away from having a full time job dealing with kids one on one.

I wonder if COJO helps with finding jobs if you get Youth corps or even without, maybe call them to ask? On the youth corps application they said they have office and other types of jobs.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 5:53 pm
I personally worked in the COJO office a number of summers, while on Youthcorp...
so that could be an option. You would need to call and ask if they're taking more for this summer.
It's a boring job (think alphabetizing and filing thousands of timesheets lol)

They do some job placement too, in various stores and offices. I would recommend giving a call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children