Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move, out of town kollel
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We live in Lakewood and are looking for a new (smaller) community. My job is remote and my husband would like to stay in kollel for another little bit so it seems like a good time to move. It's important to us that the community have good bais yaakov schooling options (no co-ed classes) and has a relatively lower cost of living - that knocks out Toronto, chicago and other big cities. Big plus if there no income tax (Florida, or Texas maybe?)
Seems like north miami beach might be a good option, any other ideas?

Where is your family located? A good ideas might be to focus on cities that easy for you to visit connect with family, but besides for that look into Boca, NMB, and Hollywood in Florida; Dallas (Plano) and Houston in Texas; for the Midwest Chicago, Cleveland, South Bend, or Cincinnati would be great options. My advice since your husband doesn't need a paid position with the Kollel maybe find the best community for long term and than speak to the Kollel/ Shuls in those areas to advise what his options will be. Feel free to reach out to me directly since I have worked in the field/ have connections in most cities! Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Where is your family located? A good ideas might be to focus on cities that easy for you to visit connect with family, but besides for that look into Boca, NMB, and Hollywood in Florida; Dallas (Plano) and Houston in Texas; for the Midwest Chicago, Cleveland, South Bend, or Cincinnati would be great options. My advice since your husband doesn't need a paid position with the Kollel maybe find the best community for long term and than speak to the Kollel/ Shuls in those areas to advise what his options will be. Feel free to reach out to me directly since I have worked in the field/ have connections in most cities! Good luck!

Ty! How can I reach out to you? Can't dm you as amother

shaimac1

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty! How can I reach out to you? Can't dm you as amother

You should be able to message me shaimac1 via the messaging option as yourself....otherwise I will share my email....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 9:47 pm
shaimac1 wrote:
You should be able to message me shaimac1 via the messaging option as yourself....otherwise I will share my email....

Thanks! Yes your previous message was under another. I'll message you, ty!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 3:45 pm
If you have school-age children, just make sure to do a lot of due diligence regarding the school options where you move. I live in one of the places mentioned in this thread, and unfortunately a lot of children (and their parents!) are really unhappy in the one available school...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
If you have school-age children, just make sure to do a lot of due diligence regarding the school options where you move. I live in one of the places mentioned in this thread, and unfortunately a lot of children (and their parents!) are really unhappy in the one available school...

Thanks for the tip! Will try my best to research!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
South Bend would work (I think), our school is "coed" but don't let that scare you. The boys and girls have very little to do with each other. It's a fairly right-wing school, strong kollel community. Having a remote job is very common here, housing can be tight but it usually works out.
Check out the website.

https://www.facebook.com/JewishSouthBend/

I'm not sure how you define "fairly right-wing". The students are exposed to materials and subjects which I don't think the typical right-wing family, definitely not kollel family, would find acceptable.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating