Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Did I cause this difference?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 9:53 am
My sons shoes were too small but I wasn’t able to buy him new shoes. Now that we got the stimulus, I was able to replace them. One foot is an inch bigger than the other!! Is it because his foot was squashed? I will feel terrible if yes
Also how do I find him shoes now?

Sesame

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 9:58 am
It’s pretty common to have two different size feet. Mine are. You can ask a professional shoe fitter if they find it to be common.
Please don’t feel guilty! It might always have been that way and you never noticed

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sons shoes were too small but I wasn’t able to buy him new shoes. Now that we got the stimulus, I was able to replace them. One foot is an inch bigger than the other!! Is it because his foot was squashed? I will feel terrible if yes
Also how do I find him shoes now?

No, you didn't cause this. If his feet failed to grow because his shoes were too small, they both would have failed to grow.

Most people have different-sized feet. See https://www.healthyfeetstore.c.....foot. And in his case, it could simply be a growth pattern, with one side growing faster than the other.

Take your DS to a good full service shoe store where they can fit him, and help him find shoes that fit.

And if this is permanent, there are resources for you. Like shoewap, where people swap single shoes.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:07 am
I would discuss with a podiatrist. Does the shorter foot look normal? Does it look different in other ways from the longer foot?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:15 am
No, you did not cause it.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:43 am
I don't believe you caused it.

I think everyone has one foot smaller than the other, just by some it's more noticeable than by others.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:45 am
Get a script from a foot doctor and go to a store like orthostep (I ding know where you live). They can measure and get him the correct shoes. Issuance usually covers.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 12:10 pm
My feet are two different sizes. Most people's feet are, just sometimes more or less.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 12:20 pm
Same here, one of my feet are larger than the other and some of my kids have that too. We have to buy a half size larger and sometimes just one shoe needs a shoe pad.

Op, it has nothing to do with you! Just make sure that your child is comfortable with their new shoes. Good luck!

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 12:28 pm
My feet are two different sizes, nothing to do with squished feet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics