Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Flights to seminary

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 8:41 pm
If you used group flight to go to seminary, do you remember how much it was?
What are the advantages rather than book separately?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:20 pm
It’s nice to get to meet people on the plane. But the bigger thing is they arrange transportation from the airport to the school and are set up to get you settled as soon as you show up- no lugging your bags around while you try to figure out where to go and who has your key. And that transportation thing.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:56 pm
Also, it used to be that the 2nd piece of luggage is free on the group flight- and it also included the 2nd piece free for the flight home, which was booked according to personal schedule as opposed to the whole school. Definitely ask because that, along with the transportation to the school can add up to a nice sum of money, besides for the obvious benefits of meeting the other students etc.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 9:47 am
Bump

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:02 am
The group flight is usually not cheap, but you get a nonstop decently timed flight that gets your dd to her destination without her arranging anything. The girls usually sit together as opposed to her sitting next to someone random. I was considering a flight with a Europe stopover as they are much cheaper, but with COVID restrictions I think that would just complicate things a lot. And remember the kids will need to be covid tested in Israel, too. So all these considered I think I will shell out the $$$ for the group flight.

Rivky1015

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 3:50 pm
I would call a competent Travel agent, they can usually get you on the same flight, or a flight that gets in around the same time for significantly less $. I find theses "Group flights" to be grossly overpriced without actually offering anything for the money.

We've been very happy with BodsTravel, you can Google them for their contact info.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 4:43 pm
Can a Birthright flight be applied to a group flight arranged by the seminary?

I want my daughter to have a smooth transition with everything arranged when she arrives, but I would love to pay for her flight through Birthright...

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:33 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Can a Birthright flight be applied to a group flight arranged by the seminary?

I want my daughter to have a smooth transition with everything arranged when she arrives, but I would love to pay for her flight through Birthright...

Wouldn't she have to then join a full Birthright trip? I know people who did this (before COVID), but they actually did the full trip. I don't think you can just get the free flight and then ditch to go to sem.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 11:15 am
Going on a seminary flight means that the innocent traveller who happens to be going to Israel that day is protected from hours of exposure to shrieking, giggling, chattering excited girls. Just think what a chesed you are performing to the public at large by sending them on a special flight.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Going on a seminary flight means that the innocent traveller who happens to be going to Israel that day is protected from hours of exposure to shrieking, giggling, chattering excited girls. Just think what a chesed you are performing to the public at large by sending them on a special flight.

Rolling Laughter LOL
Too bad I think I'm buying a ticket on my own!! But I don't think there will be too many girls traveling with her!! (And she's not the shrieking/giggling type at all!!) But I had a good laugh reading your answer!! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children