Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o how tall are you? Are Jewish women really shorter
Previous  1  2  3  4

How tall are you?
Under 5 feet  
 4%  [ 21 ]
5'0-5'2  
 28%  [ 132 ]
5'3-5'5  
 40%  [ 189 ]
5'6-5'8  
 21%  [ 101 ]
5'9-5'11  
 3%  [ 18 ]
6'0 or taller  
 0%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 463

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 3:01 pm
I almost checked 6'0" or taller because I am over 160cm...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:11 pm
So it looks like Jews are about average height. Since the national average is 5'4

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 7:59 pm
I’m the shortest of all my siblings... at 5’7”!

jd1212

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:19 pm
sequoia wrote:
Uh... I have a Jewish friend who’s 4’10” and had uneventful pregnancies and easy births.

This might be a myth.

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t prove or disprove... 🤷‍♀️

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 8:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So it looks like Jews are about average height. Since the national average is 5'4

Average height when accounting for all races (many short Asians and south Americans skew the numbers). Jewish ppl are shorter than their European counterparts with similar ethnic backgrounds where average is 5'6-5'8.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Average height when accounting for all races (many short Asians and south Americans skew the numbers). Jewish ppl are shorter than their European counterparts with similar ethnic backgrounds where average is 5'6-5'8.

But why compare to Europeans when Jews are Middle Eastern and therefore Asian?

Anyway, with more votes it looks like 38% more are 1 standard deviation shorter than 1 standard deviation taller. Meaning the average so far is around 5'3 therefore a little shorter than average.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:18 am
jd1212 wrote:
Anecdotal evidence doesn’t prove or disprove... 🤷‍♀️

I am about that height (under 1.50) and have five healthy children, I have never heard from any of the medical professionals I’ve ever encountered that it might be an issue. As you can imagine I have many very short family members - have never heard of that being an issue.
In fact, this is the first time in my life I’ve heard that being short is a risk for carrying children to term. I mean I had Issues with me pregnancies but none of them were related to height.
The only issues that were related to height was the baby pressing on my rib cage towards the end of the pregnancies. Hashem makes the baby fit the mother’s size.
Now that I think about I have had some ignorant comments during pregnancies.
I wonder what scientific data you are basing your claims on?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 2:52 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I am about that height (under 1.50) and have five healthy children, I have never heard from any of the medical professionals I’ve ever encountered that it might be an issue. As you can imagine I have many very short family members - have never heard of that being an issue.
In fact, this is the first time in my life I’ve heard that being short is a risk for carrying children to term. I mean I had Issues with me pregnancies but none of them were related to height.
The only issues that were related to height was the baby pressing on my rib cage towards the end of the pregnancies. Hashem makes the baby fit the mother’s size.
Now that I think about I have had some ignorant comments during pregnancies.
I wonder what scientific data you are basing your claims on?

http://www.healthofchildren.co......html
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics