Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Lots of boiled chicken

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:06 pm
I have lots of boiled chicken in the freezer from chicken soup. I need good ideas in turning into a meal. I have done stir fried but the kids are bored of that.

I prefer recipes not so much sugar as some in my family are on low carb diets

Thanks

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:06 pm
Pulled chicken taco's.

tweety1

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:23 pm
I shred finely vegetables. Parsley, parsnip, onions, squash and carrots. Add a few crushed garlic and sauteed on low till the vegetables become really soft. Add the chicken and combine. I make this when I have leftover chicken or whatever other meat from a few days supper in the fridge. For me it's usually a combination of a few different types of flavors and my kids can't get enough.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:27 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I shred finely vegetables. Parsley, parsnip, onions, squash and carrots. Add a few crushed garlic and sauteed on low till the vegetables become really soft. Add the chicken and combine. I make this when I have leftover chicken or whatever other meat from a few days supper in the fridge. For me it's usually a combination of a few different types of flavors and my kids can't get enough.

This seems delicious! How do you eat it? Plain? In wrap? Blintz?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:28 pm
Chicken pot pie

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:30 pm
Chicken pie.

Mush it up with mayonnaise, spices and green onions, and use it as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip.

My mother used to make what she called chicken risotto, which meant sauteeing onions, peppers and mushrooms together with the chicken, and then adding rice and cooking it all together. You could vary the vegetables according to taste. It was a regular Monday evening meal and we all enjoyed it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:40 pm
Individual chicken pot pies in ramekins.
Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches. Cook in sauce and shred when hot, then pile onto Caesar rolls with caramelized sautéed onions.
Chicken moussaka.
Shredded chicken vegetable soup.
Chicken fried rice.
Stuffed peppers.
Dumplings.

cheerios

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:06 pm
Chicken pizza (Not low carb)
Pizza dough, tomato sauce, sauteed onion, chicken and a roux on top. It's really good.
(Saw this in Waste Not Want Not cookbook)

tweety1

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
This seems delicious! How do you eat it? Plain? In wrap? Blintz?

I serve it just like that. I never thought to try it in something. My kids love it. I also find that those times that I have the weirdest combinations are the times my kids eat it better. I guess the mix of flavors plus sauteed mushy vegetables after all gives off the best flavor.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:03 am
Next time, why don't you just leave it in the soup?

Then you won't have this problem.

Plus it tastes good in soup, where it's supposed to be a bit mushy (I think some of these other recipes don't work so well with boiled chicken).

octopus

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:06 am
Shwarma

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:48 am
Combine the chicken with leftover soup veggies, mash. Add egg, breadcrumbs. Form them into thick patties and use these chicken veggie patties in place of hamburgers! They're yummy.

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:05 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Combine the chicken with leftover soup veggies, mash. Add egg, breadcrumbs. Form them into thick patties and use these chicken veggie patties in place of hamburgers! They're yummy.

I used to do this too years ago.

corolla

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:49 am
Someone mentioned rice. You can make pilaf. Saute plenty of shredded carrots, onions, and garlic until soft. Add in spices (I use paprika, cumin, coriander, etc.) and rice, and toast until rice is golden. Add the chicken and double the amount of liquid to rice (I like to use leftover chicken soup). Bring to a boil then simmer for 20-25 minutes. Delicious!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:18 am
DrMom wrote:
Next time, why don't you just leave it in the soup?

Then you won't have this problem.

Plus it tastes good in soup, where it's supposed to be a bit mushy (I think some of these other recipes don't work so well with boiled chicken).

I always serve the chicken in the soup, everyone wants a piece. If I have leftovers, I make a chicken salad usually.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:22 am
Sautéed onions and cooked cubed potatoes with pieces of chicken. Spices and cook together for around half hour. Yum

jfk92

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:58 am
Didnt have time to read other responses. My thoughts are:
1. Chicken pot pie
2. Chicken patties- egg to combine seasonings and herbs to taste and shallow fry.
3. Chicken salad- shred very finely, add very well diced red peppers, red onion, cucumber then add mayo - salt pepper and mix well .almost lik a tuna delux.
4. Use it for a stuffing- with some sauteed veg. Can have fun w it- burekas? In a capon? Bake w rice an stuff in a pepper?
5. Incorporate into a meat pizza?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen