Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
A new COVID strand 2.5 more dangerous contagious in Brazil
Previous  1  2  3  4

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:17 pm
pause wrote:
So hold on tight to your mask and to your fears because they will save you.

I'm sorry but someone who's wearing a mask does not necessarily have more fear than someone who doesnt. It's just a necessary precaution that we do for hishtadlus. Like we wash our hands, eat healthy, etc. You dont say that someone who wears a seatbelt has more fear than someone who doesn't, you say they're being more safety conscious.

pause

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 11:19 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm sorry but someone who's wearing a mask does not necessarily have more fear than someone who doesnt. It's just a necessary precaution that we do for hishtadlus. Like we wash our hands, eat healthy, etc. You dont say that someone who wears a seatbelt has more fear than someone who doesn't, you say they're being more safety conscious.

Whatever floats your boat.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:04 am
There are 2 separate issues here. One is taking precautions. By all means, whoever wants to take more precautions, all the power to you. Not everyone has the mental energy to still keep doing all that stuff.
The other thing though, which is what I think pause is referring to, is the constant discussing of all the scary projections of waht might happen, which variant might go where, whom it may affect, etc. THAT part is the fear, which an be remedied by bitachon. That's what I think Pause meant.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:28 am
The US media has lost its credibility by politicizing everything, so I can understand why people think this variant talk is all nonsense.

But here in Israel I find the media is more straightforward, at least about scientific/medical topics.

We have some experience with the British variant, which was mostly brought back by Israelis who had vacationed in Dubai. It blew up our caseload just as our vaccine program was rolling out, and it was a mess. It was more contagious and impacted younger people more than the older strain did.

If this Brazilian variant is similar, it is something to take seriously, esp if it is less responsive to the vaccine.

Miri1

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 12:57 am
Mama Bear wrote:
There are dozens of babies in the hospital now with RSV. Their covid tests are negative. I wonder if this "RSV" is a new mutation for which we have no test yet. Yikes. I'm so scared. When will this end already??

RSV season runs until April.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:07 am
What's the point in obsessing? Are you going to live any different than you were until now? You literally cannot do anything about which strains are going around or about how deadly they are. I don't get the obsession over spreading fear.

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:15 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
What's the point in obsessing? Are you going to live any different than you were until now? You literally cannot do anything about which strains are going around or about how deadly they are. I don't get the obsession over spreading fear.

I assume the idea is not to spread fear, but to explain why certain precautions are being taken.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

of course there is a point.

there is a yeshua available- go get the vaccine.

when I heard young women in Israel were bing put on the icu, I ran to find a way to get the vaccine. The next day , I heard there were notices from bikur cholim that it ( as expected) the new strain had hit Lakewood. bh I already had the vaccine by then.

a year ago- there wasn't much we can do except lock up ( which we all agree is not practical forever) so obsessing would just make us anxious.

Today -when we hear a young mother in Lakewood left her kids as orphans over peseach- how on earth are we not all running to get vaccinated????

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
of course there is a point.

there is a yeshua available- go get the vaccine.

when I heard young women in Israel were bing put on the icu, I ran to find a way to get the vaccine. The next day , I heard there were notices from bikur cholim that it ( as expected) the new strain had hit Lakewood. bh I already had the vaccine by then.

a year ago- there wasn't much we can do except lock up ( which we all agree is not practical forever) so obsessing would just make us anxious.

Today -when we hear a young mother in Lakewood left her kids as orphans over peseach- how on earth are we not all running to get vaccinated????

At the very least, why not SD and wear a mask? No one's saying close the schools.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics