Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is SHEIN a hit or miss? (Poll)

Was your shopping experience at Shein more of a hit or miss?
Hit  
 14%  [ 12 ]
Miss  
 28%  [ 23 ]
50/50  
 57%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 82

First Lady

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 9:37 pm
Trying to find out what the average Shein shopping experience is like.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:05 pm
I voted hit, but I use Shein mostly for lingerie, not for street clothes. So it doesn't bother me so much if the finishing isn't perfect, for example.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:15 pm
I have made 4 orders to shein since February. I find I return more then half of the items. You get what you pay for. My problem is while the dresses are nice, most of the materials used, are static electricity nightmares. Slips did not help, moisturizing skin did not help.
Try to get natural materials.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:17 pm
I love 95 percent of what I get

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:56 pm
I used to order frequently for shein but this year I gave up. I found that since every article of clothing had something wrong with it-cut, style, fabric, fit-I kept putting the shirts back in the closet in favor of the more expensive shirts I got from Jewish stores. For me it wasn't worth it as I would buy them and then not wear them as frequently as my other clothes.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:56 pm
I love shein!!! I buy few sizes and return whatever doesn’t fit. You can find the same styles as the frum stores for a fraction of the price!

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 2:19 am
I have been quite successful but only when I actually read the exact measurements of the sizes and pay attention to the fabric. What I like about them is you can filter out the fabric whereas on a site like next which is more expensive you can't filter which fabrics you would like so I gave up searching there. I'm in Israel so don't bother to return what doesn't work I just give it away. I find most things fit really well as long as I pay attention to the measurements every single time. The one time that I forget and just guessed the size it's always wrong.

baby12x

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 3:44 am
For clothes- I've never been successful.
For lingerie- yes. Because it doesn't really matter if it fits perfectly

e1234

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 4:02 am
we never got our first order (4 months now) and I can't get through to be refunded
so def miss

my daughter said her friends did have good experience but I have no idea how to get our order

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:22 am
I've done ok on Shein but alot of it is because I do my own alterations (so I can take in that shirt here and there to make the fit nicer.)

I got my young teen DD a Shabbos dress for this season on Shein, for $10 and change! And she's gotten compliments! But I took in the sleeves, and at the bust, to make it fit just so. It's really very nice on her now. I've done well with her weekday wardrobe on Shein as well.

I got really comfortable loungewear/nightgowns on Shein, love those. Wear with leggings or without, soft and comfy. Yeah, probably not the most awesome quality, but I've had more expensive sleepwear that didn't last any longer.

I found that Shein has 48" fitted sheets, and I have that size beds in my bedroom and guest room. I've been able to get sheets, and match to nicer twin duvet sets from Pottery Barn, etc....really cost effective and nice.

rkay

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:42 am
I have been successful with lingerie, shoes, accessories for my baby and home products.
Never had much success with clothing though. The fit is terrible and it isn't great quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics