Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Any advice- boy mom

Oldest

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:37 am
Coming from a girl family, I don't know much about boys and parenting boys as they grow older. My son is still in the toddler stages, but does anyone have any advice for parenting active little boys. And is there anything I should know or be aware of as he grows older? TIA

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:39 am
What parenting modality do you use? Can you find books?
Parent him as you would parent any other human being.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 9:59 am
I felt (and still feel!) the same way! Coming from a girls family to having boys. Turns out they weren’t just boys, but ADHD too, which doesn’t come close to what I grew up with. The extreme difference is very hard.

Oldest

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
What parenting modality do you use? Can you find books?
Parent him as you would parent any other human being.

Any good book recs?
I am talking specifically about things that differ between girls and boys, specifically as they grow older..

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:26 am
Oldest wrote:
Any good book recs?
I am talking specifically about things that differ between girls and boys, specifically as they grow older..

I find a big difference is in the amount of energy they need to release. Even with an adhd girl it still doesn’t come close.
If energy isn’t released it will come out as aggression.
Aggression can also be a sign of hunger.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:32 am
Oldest wrote:
Any good book recs?

Depends how you parent. I have tons of gentle parenting book recommendations.
This is what I see in my boys. They are a lot more active. They prefer their scooters and balls over dolls and kitchen sets. They’re also way nicer, better communicators, less kvetchy.
Just love him, respect him, and don’t ever hurt him.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 11:26 am
Some boys love tactile play. They enjoy dirt, bugs,mud, rocks, collecting garbage and making things out of it etc. Allow them to get dirty if they want that. I’ve seen so many mothers who don’t allow their sons to play with dirt because they don’t want them to ruin their clothes.
I found raising boys a lot easier than raising my one and only daughter . They were naturally much more easy going, less anxious, content, and less needy.
But that was my own personal experience and one size does not fit all in children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics