Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Any courses for teens this summer? (Brooklyn)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:09 am
I’m looking for some fun courses for my teen to take this summer. She wants to stay home and prefers not working in a daycamp. Had too many bad experiences with that. So we were brainstorming the past few days and thought maybe taking few courses would fill up her day. And she’ll learn some new skills that she can maybe even earn money eventually with these new skills/talents.

doctorima

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:28 am
I don't know about in person in person in Brooklyn, but there are tons of online options. What is she interested in learning? Last summer DS found some online coding courses that he really enjoyed.

sunspot

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 8:01 am
I offer 2 teen courses at The Bold Edge. If she is creative then it would be perfect for her

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:20 am
if she is interesting in sewing the sewpro is a great option

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 10:46 am
Would she be interested in drawing classes on Zoom?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:00 pm
sunspot wrote:
I offer 2 teen courses at The Bold Edge. If she is creative then it would be perfect for her

Can you tell us more about this and if it's in person? Thanks!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:15 pm
My friend took a hair and wig course one summer.

chestnut

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 1:15 pm
Is she into makeup and hair? Hair and Blush Academy has courses

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 2:11 pm
Thx for the recommendations. I should have written we’re looking for in person classes only.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 2:12 pm
Something like hair, makeup, cookie/cake decorating would be lovely.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:17 am
Bumping this up. Hoping some new people see this and have some idea

sunspot

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Can you tell us more about this and if it's in person? Thanks!

Sure!

Our courses can be taken worldwide online or on a USB depending on your internet access

We have our
PhotoCreative You’ll learn how to adjust, crop, collage, apply cool photo effects and create some really awesome projects such as family trees, photo books, scrapbooking, favors and more.

Graphic Design Teen Edition: you’ll learn how to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and basic design skills and harness your creativity and get a head start into the world of Graphic Design

areal

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:58 pm
Any luck Op? My teenagers have wanted to do this in the past, and I even think I posted here a similar request years ago, without much (any?) succes...😕especially if you're looking for during the day, which isn't popular as most girls in the city usually DO work in daycamps..But my 14yo daughter again interested, would love if you can email me if you find/organize something! Actually, thinking about the 2nd word I just used, CAN we possibly - you & I even, that's all - try to organize a group of likeminded girls, FOLLOWED by hiring whichever individual course instructors we could find who'd be available during the day..?? Or we can ask the organizers of the [very few] real "city teen camps" that pop up in ads closer to the summer...

sunspot

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:31 am
What kind of classes are you all looking for--and what time of day?

areal

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:55 am
Op wrote some class ideas above: hair/ make-up, baking. I'd widen that to photography and anything on computer (graphics, coding), as well as singing/ dancing/ drama...or really ANY activity, maybe even gym/ sports, to be conducted during daycamp hours, preferably allowing for a teenager's desired later wake-up Wink, so I'd be looking at between 1 & 6 PM approx....
What are you thinking about, sunspot?

chestnut

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:48 pm
Kosher.com is partnering up with a kosher cooking school to do the Teen Summer Apprenticeship. Sign up on the link below or email events@apronmasters.com for more info
https://docs.google.com/forms/.....wform

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:09 am
I still haven’t found anything yet. I will definitely check out this cooking program. Ty! The hrs are good enough. Hoping it’s close to us.

bobeli

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:05 am
I’m interested too if you find anything or organize something. Only first half.
The kitchen masters sounds good but is in 5 towns, I’m looking in Brooklyn
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children