Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Elementary schools in Netanya

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 10:58 am
Looking for information about elementary schools in Netanya
Would appreciate info about Roi Levi, Shalhavot, shuvu? Etc

Looking for a modern mamlachti-torani. Do not want just mamlachti dati and not charedi.
Any input welcome
Thanks in advance..

Roots

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 12:39 pm
Netanya has tons of great school.
shuvu is childern from chiloni houses, I tutored a girl who went there who ate trief etc. its very very academic and they target non religious children to be in a jewish setting.
shalhavot is pretty new, I know the principal personally, she is chabad , but the school isnt hard core chabad, they accepting children from very open homes (my friend who sends there doesnt cover her hair, etc, but the chinuch is religious)
why not orot rashi? the garin hatorani is beautiful and the community is nice- they are the prefect mix I think if you want mamlachti torani.
chorev might also be a good option, I heard its hard to get in though..
you also have bar ilan and shapira, though these might be high schools, im not sure
charedi in the city also have different levels,
you have chabad, which is basically open minded, accepting all types but the morahs are all frum and so is the education.
you have harav turgemans schools- orchot sara for the girls and hadar yisrael for the boys, chozer betshuva families, parents have smart phones, small nice schools
then you have beis yaakov, bet margalit, bet chana in sanz and harav moshe ben moshes kehilla which are all super charedi (girls) and olalim, chanichei, or letzion etc (boys)
I hope this was a bit of a help. if you want to know about a specific school I can look into it for you

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 1:25 pm
Roots wrote:
Netanya has tons of great school.
shuvu is childern from chiloni houses, I tutored a girl who went there who ate trief etc. its very very academic and they target non religious children to be in a jewish setting.
shalhavot is pretty new, I know the principal personally, she is chabad , but the school isnt hard core chabad, they accepting children from very open homes (my friend who sends there doesnt cover her hair, etc, but the chinuch is religious)
why not orot rashi? the garin hatorani is beautiful and the community is nice- they are the prefect mix I think if you want mamlachti torani.
chorev might also be a good option, I heard its hard to get in though..
you also have bar ilan and shapira, though these might be high schools, im not sure
charedi in the city also have different levels,
you have chabad, which is basically open minded, accepting all types but the morahs are all frum and so is the education.
you have harav turgemans schools- orchot sara for the girls and hadar yisrael for the boys, chozer betshuva families, parents have smart phones, small nice schools
then you have beis yaakov, bet margalit, bet chana in sanz and harav moshe ben moshes kehilla which are all super charedi (girls) and olalim, chanichei, or letzion etc (boys)
I hope this was a bit of a help. if you want to know about a specific school I can look into it for you

Not OP but do you know anything about צופיה girl's school in Sela neighborhood?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:20 pm
Hi Roots! Thank you so much that was all super helpful! Never heard of Orot Rashi but would love to hear more
would also love more info or to connect with Shalhavot- it sounds similar to the chabad school that my kids go to in the US: warm, open, serving a mixed student body. I'd also love more info on shuvu- very academic is what I'm looking for combined with a warm, frum environment. We are religiously open: I wear short sleeves and cover partially, but definitely want more yiddishkeit and spirituality than the average mamlachti dati.
Do you live in Netanya currently? If you are open to connecting could be great no pressure of course!
Thanks again.

Roots

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:42 pm
op, sure! I currently live in netanya, 5 years now. so I dont know everything lol, but I know enough (we are charedi though, so I do know more about they charedi schools, but thank Gd for friends lol, and the diversity of the ladies in the park) pm me, id love to be in touch Smile

Roots

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:43 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

ill find out for you tomorrow iy"h

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:51 am
Roots wrote:
ill find out for you tomorrow iy"h

Find out anything?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:12 am
Roots wrote:

Bar Ilan is a high school for sure. I don't live in Netanya but I know some kids who go there. It's regular mamlachti dati as far as I know.

There is a big dati leumi community in Netanya. I think the neighborhood is called Kiryat Hasharon. Not sure where it is on the Torani spectrum though.

Roots

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

hey im so sorry I didmt reply right away.
I asked around, its supposed to be an amazing mamlachti torani school- meaning dati and very very good
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions