Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ikea stock issues

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:32 am
We have loved Ikea. But since covid, they're the WORST with keeping their stock updated. I've been trying to get an Ikea dresser, the Malm, for months, and it's been consistently out of stock. This morning, I checked Ikea's site and it claimed to have two in stock in our local store. Finally! But upon arrival, we found out that the listing online was made in error, and there weren't any in stock. This is after travelling an hour to get there, after waiting months for the item to be stocked in our local store.

I'm so frustrated. They don't take accountability at all for their mistakes and stock issues.

What's a good alternative to Ikea?

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:34 am
Maybe you can find the one you want on craigslist

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:38 am
Can you have it shipped to you? Or if you don't want to pay S&D fees, then do they allow you to order online and have it shipped to your local store so at least you can track the order and know that it's earmarked for you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:48 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Can you have it shipped to you? Or if you don't want to pay S&D fees, then do they allow you to order online and have it shipped to your local store so at least you can track the order and know that it's earmarked for you?

They claim they can't ship to my zip code right now (or to any stores in my area). I live in NYC.

Thanks for the idea.

I'm so beyond frustrated with this brand. Their customer service is terrible. There's like an hour wait to get someone on the phone at their customer service center. I just don't know what to do.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:51 am
I'm having the same experience with them.
Trying to get something, traveling to the store to get it and then it not even being there and nobody cares.
I got something similar on walmart.com

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 11:59 am
Yes since covid their stock has been taking a hit.
Firstly it’s harder to get the wood, and more expensive. And secondly, loads more people are doing up their homes etc.

I waited for a desk from there for 3 months and then drove to one 1.5 hrs a way to get it. I got one of the last few in stock after they had 50+ online that morning.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 12:05 pm
Desks are notoriously hard to buy now, given the high demand.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have loved Ikea. But since covid, they're the WORST with keeping their stock updated. I've been trying to get an Ikea dresser, the Malm, for months, and it's been consistently out of stock. This morning, I checked Ikea's site and it claimed to have two in stock in our local store. Finally! But upon arrival, we found out that the listing online was made in error, and there weren't any in stock. This is after travelling an hour to get there, after waiting months for the item to be stocked in our local store.

I'm so frustrated. They don't take accountability at all for their mistakes and stock issues.

What's a good alternative to Ikea?

Fyi..take a screenshot of the availability before you go. Once you get there if it's not available tell them to ship it for free once in stock..we've done this a few times.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 12:56 pm
Following. We're trying to buy bookshelves for the last 7 months. Twisted Evil

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 1:17 pm
I was able to hold my ikea items for pickup. Was that not an option? You text them when you’re there and they bring it to your car.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I was able to hold my ikea items for pickup. Was that not an option? You text them when you’re there and they bring it to your car.

The problem with Ikea is that you can't call the store directly. You can only reach their main customer service number.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:33 pm
I had a similar issue about not delivering to my zipcode. Turns out they limit the number of deliveries each day and only allow you to schedule one day before. If you go on early in the morning you might have better luck. That’s how I got my appointment. Or perhaps right after midnight if nyc is tougher with scheduling. Either way not everything I wanted was in stock but I got most of my order Good luck!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They claim they can't ship to my zip code right now (or to any stores in my area). I live in NYC.

Thanks for the idea.

I'm so beyond frustrated with this brand. Their customer service is terrible. There's like an hour wait to get someone on the phone at their customer service center. I just don't know what to do.

Does Conran's still exist? There used to be one on the upper East Side. They're pretty much exactly like Ikea, same types of products, similar prices, etc.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:43 pm
We placed an order made of a few different items. They told is after a few weeks that two of the pieces were no longer in stock. We decided to replace them with other things, and they said we could do that and put it through. Then they told us that by doing this, it cancelled the previous order and created a completely new one. But in between the first order and the second, they changed to not delivering to our area (all NYC metropolitan), so now they couldn't send us anything.

bnm

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:01 pm
very frustrating to deal with them......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics