Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pediatrician in NY that will allow me to delay schedule
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:02 am
Hi! Can anyone recommend a pediatrician near the queens/5ts/far rockaway/long island area that will allow me to have my child on a delayed vaccine schedule? Or even BK. I will travel up to an hour.

Please, do not comment if you are going to share your thoughts on vaccinations.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:40 pm
bump

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:45 pm
I found that it has nothing to do with my doctor and all to do with the school you send to.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:47 pm
The problem is that insurance or whoever’s in charge won’t allow this. So even if someone had a doctor who did this for them, it’s unlikely they will put their name on here because the doctor will then be flooded and that will be the end of that.

happy chick

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:47 pm
I can't imagine any dr would give you a hard time delaying. Its a common thing a lot of ppl do.
Are you asking because you had a negative experience w a local dr? Or you're worried that your local dr will give you a hard time?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I found that it has nothing to do with my doctor and all to do with the school you send to.

Yes, but many pediatricians and clinics will not allow you be their patient if you won’t comply with the cdc schedule.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:51 pm
I haven’t had a baby in a while but when I had my last two I asked my pediatrician if we could split them up because I didn’t feel comfortable giving so many each time. His answer to me was that as long as I didn’t make him run after me, it was fine. I usually came back a month or two later for the next shot. I just wanted my kids’ immune systems to react to one thing at a time

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:56 pm
happy chick wrote:
I can't imagine any dr would give you a hard time delaying. Its a common thing a lot of ppl do.
Are you asking because you had a negative experience w a local dr? Or you're worried that your local dr will give you a hard time?

I got asked to leave my baby's practice bc I wanted to delay them/spread them. I didnt know he could do this legally even but whatever.
so im looking to find a doctor that will not force me to vaccinate my 3 mo baby

silverlining3

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got asked to leave my baby's practice bc I wanted to delay them/spread them. I didnt know he could do this legally even but whatever.

I don't have any recommendations for your location, but good for you for seeking a new one and not trying to fight them. I'd think most pediatricians would be okay with spreading/delaying, as long as you give in the long run. Guess I'm wrong.

Wishing you the best.

happy chick

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oy, I'm sorry. That's rough. But I still think most drs would be ok with it. Maybe you can ask on the phone before you start w a new dr.

amother
OP

silverlining3 wrote:
I don't have any recommendations for your location, but good for you for seeking a new one and not trying to fight them. I'd think most pediatricians would be okay with spreading/delaying, as long as you give in the long run. Guess I'm wrong.

Wishing you the best.

thanks, thats very kind of you.

if anyone has recommendations please feel free to share.
ill drive up to an hour

amother
OP

happy chick wrote:
Oy, I'm sorry. That's rough. But I still think most drs would be ok with it. Maybe you can ask on the phone before you start w a new dr.

how would I even ask?
id even like to find a more homeopathic doctor if possible but doubt ill find it

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:18 pm
happy chick wrote:

I don’t know where you live, but many of the local doctors (FR/5T area) are very strict about sticking to the recommended schedule. My girls’ pediatrician allowed me to delay, but he closed :-( My sons’ pediatrician allows me to delay as well.
My kids have all be fully or almost fully vaxxed by the time they started school. Then again, I only have one kid who was in school for nursery. My other kids didn’t go until pre-1A.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:25 pm
https://www.northportwellnessc.....about

I don't know anything about him personally but he has been outspoken in criticizing the covid vaccine.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
https://www.northportwellnesscenter.com/practitioner/lawrence-palevsky/about

I don't know anything about him personally but he has been outspoken in criticizing the covid vaccine.

Where is he located?
Edit: I just googled, Northport is about an hour from my house in Bayswater now- without traffic. Waaaaaay too far for me to even look into him :-(

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Never had this experience I always waited till my children went to school to start vaccination it was always the school running after me rather than my pediatrician but then again I always went to a private practice rather than a clinic

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:30 pm
Op where are you located?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:30 pm
whoops deleted. posted twice

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
https://www.northportwellnesscenter.com/practitioner/lawrence-palevsky/about

wow he looks amazing.... doesnt look like he takes insurance.

we have united healthcare community plan. im still in school so im not really able to afford private doctor atm

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:33 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Where is he located?

It's on the link. Looks like Northport LI and Manhattan. Seems he doesn't take insurance though.

OP, pediatricians receive a certain bonus amount from insurance companies if more than a set percentage of patients are fully vaccinated. If too many patients won't vaccinate, the doctor loses out. That's why they pressure you to vaccinate and might ask you to leave their practice if you won't.

And explains why a doctor like Palevsky doesn't deal with insurance.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics