Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Which parenting course should I take?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 2:24 pm
I need to work on:
Routines-specific to managing a large family
Relating to preteens

Options:
Seryl Berman
Esti Hirshfeld (Rebbetzin Spetner's approach)
Chaya Juravel's class
Or something else?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:04 pm
I always recommend Blimie Heller. She does gentle parenting which has worked wonders for me and others

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:06 pm
I’m taking Blimie’s class and it is sort of life-changing. Not only in the parenting arena but in my own relationship with myself. It’s paradigm-shifting.
So for the relationship with the kids that’s the one I recommend.

As for the routines, I agree they’re super-important. Does a parenting class teach that? Curious what you mean. Practical tips for a smooth morning? I look at organizing blogs etc for that

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:09 pm
I don't know Esti hirschfeld, but I took rebetzin spetners course a couple years ago and it was gold! She didn't go into detail about the topics you mentioned though. I would confirm with the course organizer/teacher if the course covers what you think you need.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:27 pm
Thanks! I thought Blimie Heller's approach was more for younger children? As far as routines, I meant the discipline aspect-- getting younger kids to bed when the older ones are still up and about, making time for older kids when the younger kids need so much from me...

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I thought Blimie Heller's approach was more for younger children? As far as routines, I meant the discipline aspect-- getting younger kids to bed when the older ones are still up and about, making time for older kids when the younger kids need so much from me...

Blimie’s approach works for all ages, even adult relationships.. discipline is personal I believe, you have to divide your time appropriately...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:05 pm
I’m a grandma and a mom of teens and littles and took blimys course recently and it was eye opening not only for the way I deal with my children but for my adult relationships as well. She’s a wonderful person to have in your life and you can reach out to see if she resonates.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:53 pm
Anyone find Blimie Heller's be course not worth the money?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:29 pm
Yes me. I am aware that relationship is the most important thing. When my three and four year olds are jumping around instead of going to sleep I’m still stuck.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:22 pm
I too took blimi hellers course. It didn't help in the beginning, it takes work.
She changed my whole attitude toward kids. She teaches to have real empathy and respect for your children. Children until age 5 have no impulse control (they are not doing things to make you mad even though it sure looks like it.) I am so much more calm with my kids now. I really think it got much easier thanks to her.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:25 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Yes me. I am aware that relationship is the most important thing. When my three and four year olds are jumping around instead of going to sleep I’m still stuck.

I read somewhere that kids won't listen when you tell them to do such and such or to stop fighting...you need to remove them physically.

Example of this when my kids won't come to bath I physically hold her..or make it fun

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 10:05 pm
I don’t know, maybe something is wrong with me but I didn’t get much out of the course. I don’t find that having empathy helps when we still need to get through the day and every little thing is a huge struggle. I went through IF and I love and cherish each child so much. For me the course just made me fearful of ruining our relationship and now I’m parenting from that place of fear and they sense it and take advantage and I’m so burnt out of them not listening to a word I say and that’s putting us in a worse place than ever. Sorry for rambling I don’t know what I’m looking for but had such a hard day and boy does it feel good to get this off my chest!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 10:09 pm
Thank you, it's important to know where the chisaron is. Some parents need that reminder about the relationship aspect. Other's need some serious tools on getting co-operation now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics