Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys camp clothing
Previous  1  2

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:05 pm
Ora in town wrote:
How does this not address Op's questions?

I just avoided naming brand names.
And stated a preference for non-synthetic, while the brands you cited use 30-50% synthetic...

These were her questions:

Quote:

Are there any other brands that are considered somewhat "cool". Any other pants I can buy him that are not in the $30 range???

Also, I saw Hollister has some really cheap tees - is that considered a normal brand?

This is what you wrote

Quote:
I think they should have comfortable pants, no synthetics, and nothing you will regret when it gets torn..

Which question did you answer? Don't respond on this thread

momX4

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:18 pm
Abercrombie has a big sale today. I got tshirt for less than $8, s ok me were under $6. They had sweatshirts on sale also.

My son used to wear colorful Tshirts. Now its darker color solids or army colors. Not sure if it's what everyone else wears, or if its what he likes.

The first time ds went to camp I got him a mix. Some solid, some with picture or logo, some colorful

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:49 pm
Oy, do they only wear tiros pants? Do boys wear shorts in camp?I have a 10 year old going. He has tons of sports shorts- Nike, adidas etc. Are boys not wearing shorts?
Thx

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:54 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Oy, do they only wear tiros pants? Do boys wear shorts in camp?I have a 10 year old going. He has tons of sports shorts- Nike, adidas etc. Are boys not wearing shorts?
Thx

Some do. It depends on the crowd. Long pants are definitely more common but many still wear shorts at that age

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:54 pm
OP’s son is 12, most are not wearing shorts anymore

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 9:58 pm
Fabulous wrote:
OP’s son is 12, most are not wearing shorts anymore

Depending on the camp. My son is over bar mitzvah and requested 4 prs of shorts incase. Last year he wore them occasionally.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 17 2020, 10:05 pm
Wow, wow! All of you are so helpful Hug
This is my first kid I'm sending to sleepaway camp and I am so overwhelmed. I know from personal experience what it feels like to be the "nerdy" out-of-towner and I don't want that for my son, so thank you again.

Just a comment on something mentioned above, I am so thankful I don't need to buy him new Nikes. I bought him a new pair right before Purim that he wore a couple of times and hasn't worn since LOL

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 11:04 pm
I know this post is from last year, but probably still relevant. I was about to start a similar thread then saw this one....

someone wrote to also have some "cotton" pants. Like Chinos? or do you mean sweats? Would my son's childrens place school pants work?

can someone link some t-shirts that the boys wear from amazon?

how many t-shirts and how many tiros? they will only do wash once.....

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:51 am
I also noticed that someone wrote slides and crocs....is that slides AND crocs or either slides OR crocs?

any other clothing or non clothing tips for sending a 13 year old to camp for the first time would be very helpful. sending to a yeshivish type camp.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 1:02 pm
Haha, I started this thread last year Laugh
Sorry can't help much, after all my running around DS didn't end up going to camp because of COVID. I ended up returning everything (was very sad, but saved myself a lot of money Wink)
I can't even remember what I bought, and have no idea if it was the "right" stuff.
Hopefully someone else can help you out

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:23 pm
I'll try again......
how many tiro style pants? how many "cotton" pants?
slides AND crocks?
how many t-shirts?
any other tips for packing my son?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children