Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Long term post covid syndrome
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:59 am
Why is no one talking about this?

It's all about the supposed "evil" of the vaccine while I know multiple YOUNG people who have long term debilitating health issues now after having even mild cases of covid.
One of them is my 16 year old daughter who was formerly one of the most energetic people I know. Now she can barely get out of bed. Heart palpitations, chronic fatigue, muscle aches. This has been going on for over 6 months. We are trying to get accepted into the post covid clinic for physical therapy (seriously! That's all they have to offer at this point!)

The 15 year old across the street has lung and heart damage among other long haul issues. She has been hospitalized a few times after "recovering" from a mild case of covid.

I met a woman in her 20s yesterday with brain fog and muscle aches for months now after a case of covid she described as "a cold"

I heard a few days ago that numerous people in Crown Heights, months after they recovered from the virus had dangerous blood clots. Some died. (This is before the vaccine so don't blame that).

And what about the scores of young people with obvious damage to their nerves. Loss of sense of smell is the main symptom but who knows what other brain damage they have that we don't know about yet?

This virus is causing brain damage in young, healthy people! it's also causing blood clots, strokes and miscarriages. And meanwhile we're arguing over nebulous possible vaccine side effects. Banging head

The tachlis questions we should be asking are :
A) how do we protect children who are not yet eligible for the vaccine?
B) how can we help those suffering long term effects? We have organizations for everything but nothing for this. I've tried numerous organizations looking for help for my daughter and have been turned away. We need a Chai Lifeline type organization for these children and teens

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:15 am
And so many people downplay Covid by pointing to the low death rate. Death is not the only negative consequence of a disease! We are lucky that Covid isn’t even more fatal than it is, but we should also be concerned about the long term effects of the survivors—and many “long-haulers” had very mild cases of covid.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:18 am
To question B) Please try alternative avenues for her that use more modalities than just the typical dr. Talk to people irl and see if you can find recommendations in your area. This is what alternative is for, when regular has no answers. People might be hesitant to post because of the anti not in mainstream climate.

Search integrative or functional or homeopathic or chiropractic doctors.

Don't dismiss the pt as nothing. They have shown exercise to be helpful in covid cases during the main initial infection to be protective to it worsening.

Try to find maybe those who had long term epstein-barr or mono who got help through alternative ways.

To question A) boosting the immune system to its strongest through lifestyle and nutrition.

I am davening you find help for her and an answer to help her heal.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:23 am
I had ME/CFS for years before I got Covid. I had been making very slow but steady progress for the past 5 years, and was getting a lot of function back. I was very hopeful.

Then I got Covid last year, and it has set me back 5 years worth of recovery. I'm worse off now than I was before baseline. I can't even walk up the slightest incline without gasping for air like a goldfish out of water.

All of the long term after effects have compounded everything I've been dealing with before. It's beyond frustrating. All I can do, is try to cope the best I can, with the abilities that I still have.

Other than that, I just sleep a lot.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:29 am
I am with you.
Still suffering hypoxia (low oxygen/ difficultly breathing with exertion and sleeping) 6 months after. And that’s besides my weakned immune system and constantly getting sick and lack of energy. There are some great long Covid support groups on Facebook. Pm me if you want links.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:38 am
Add me to the list. Am young with no health problems before Covid and now 6 months later with long hauler symptoms.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:41 am
I’m so sorry your daughter is going through this - my dh had a mild case and for abt 7 months after he had extreme fatigue. He’s young no health issues. We kept trying to figure out how to improve it- test your daughter for iron levels my dh took mega food blood builder - very good iron with no side effects that usually come with taking it- it helps with feeling lethargic and weak. My dh got a lot of his energy back then doc recommended vitamin D cuz our community is always lacking in it and he is bh back to himself. I myself also felt weak going up the steps for a couple months after getting covid but bh entering third trimester now and my energy is back. Vitamin d and other nutrients help some people sorely need it more than others. My extended family and myself we have normal smell and taste again- it takes over 6 months for it to get back but eventually it does come back. One really long term person I know of is my grandfather in his 70s it aged him greatly that he looks his age now used to look like 60. He isn’t into vitamins or eating well which is even more important at that age ...hope your daughter has a refuah shleima

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:51 am
My sister is 25, fit and previously healthy. Had covid last april and still gets exhausted walking up a flight of stairs, and also has random abnormal heart rhythm. Which is crazy...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:52 am
And my coworker has neurological issues now...numbness and tingling in one arm, since having covid last april. The neurologist told her its from covid, and it may last forever, they dont know.
She cant hold anything important in that arm in case she drops it

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:01 am
Had covid last year Purim. Caused a mis, have intense fatigue since and distorted taste has still not returned to normal though it isn't as intense. Steps are painful with knee joints hurting.

My SIL got blood clots and had a heart attack.

A friend is currently in the ICU with Covid on a ventilator as she cannot breath on her own.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:11 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Had covid last year Purim. Caused a mis, have intense fatigue since and distorted taste has still not returned to normal though it isn't as intense. Steps are painful with knee joints hurting.

My SIL got blood clots and had a heart attack.

A friend is currently in the ICU with Covid on a ventilator as she cannot breath on her own.

Oh how awful! I am so sorry for everyone. Crying

It really makes my blood boil when I hear people say "I'm young and healthy, it's just a flu, Covid is over, it's a conspiracy..." etc. I just want to reach through my computer screen and shake people.

wiki

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:27 am
Some people with symptoms like the ones people are describing above found real improvements in their symptoms after getting vaccinated. Wishing speedy improvements to all suffering.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:31 am
For those who are asking. Yes. She was put on multiple vitamins by a naturally minded doctor. Then she had zinc toxicity and had to go off of that. She had a scary allergic reaction to a different vitamin. As of now she is on a much smaller list of vitamins and is being carefully monitored. They haven't helped by the way. This isn't a matter of popping a few vitamins and then feeling better.
(She isn't deficient in iron or vitamin d though she is taking vitamin d anyways as per doctors recommendation)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:34 am
wiki wrote:
Some people with symptoms like the ones people are describing above found real improvements in their symptoms after getting vaccinated. Wishing speedy improvements to all suffering.

We got her the vaccine for this reason. Her cardiologist recommended it (yes. My 16 year old has a cardiologist now Sad )
Still no improvement a week later but we're davening.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:58 am
I feel like I belong in this group. My long symptoms are with congestion that keeps coming back in throat area. So it makes me feel like it's contagious bc I hear the congestion in other family members. I got second dose two weeks ago and it unfortunately hasn't made me feel physically better or that much at ease. Any recommendations for a naturally minded Dr? NY area preferably Queens/Long Island

browser

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:06 am
I had covid and had lingering issues.
BH I worked with a great naturopath who has helped me tremendously.
With covid your body needs to replenish. Covid is very depleting but your body can heal

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:11 am
browser wrote:
I had covid and had lingering issues.
BH I worked with a great naturopath who has helped me tremendously.
With covid your body needs to replenish. Covid is very depleting but your body can heal

Can you recommend a naturopath?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those who are asking. Yes. She was put on multiple vitamins by a naturally minded doctor. Then she had zinc toxicity and had to go off of that. She had a scary allergic reaction to a different vitamin. As of now she is on a much smaller list of vitamins and is being carefully monitored. They haven't helped by the way. This isn't a matter of popping a few vitamins and then feeling better.
(She isn't deficient in iron or vitamin d though she is taking vitamin d anyways as per doctors recommendation)

Do you feel comfortable sharing the dr.'s info?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:35 am
Long covid overlaps a lot with POTS/dysautonomia. Which also overlaps a lot with other post infectious disorders. Look into high dose thiamine and magnesium for dysautonomia. Sodium, electrolytes. Gut health for immune and neurological health. Proteolytic enzymes to break down the fibrinogen created by the cytokine storms. A vaccine will never bring you true health. It may help prevent acute infections but there will always be some kind of trade off.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:38 am
In regards to the PT, I have a friend who is a respiratory therapist and she said that many people who do respiratory and core control PT have shown improvement from long term covid effects.

Refuah shelaima!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics