Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Fall: Sary vs Irene vs Fortune

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 7:02 pm
looking for a fall wig that will last, not knot terribly, be comfy, and look nice and sleek. Which of the above should I buy?
The fortune seems to be a bit cheaper (but then I'd have to pay for a cut separately).

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Apr 17 2021, 10:14 pm
Irene falls use a different quality hair and they knot.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 9:19 am
Anyone have experience w the other brands?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 11:04 am
Not with falls, but my Mazali- is about 10 yrs old and still looks good. I paid $650 including cut.and some baby hairs added
The only thing is it did lighten.
But I live in S.Fl. And I like the lightened color

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:50 pm
I have had several Clary falls. They are silky and easy to care for and LAST. My current one is 12 years old, during which time I wore it 6 days a week minimum, and it's only in the past 6 months or so that it is starting to show its age.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I have had several Clary falls. They are silky and easy to care for and LAST. My current one is 12 years old, during which time I wore it 6 days a week minimum, and it's only in the past 6 months or so that it is starting to show its age.

Sounds like a dream! How much do they cost?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Sounds like a dream! How much do they cost?

That's the catch. I actually am in the market for a new fall myself and just priced them. They're $1600+ depending on length. (I think they have one that's that's much shorter and costs less but mine are several inches below shoulder length and they're $1600. Longer ones are more.)

I am vaccilating about whether to spend it myself. On one hand it's a lot. On the other hand, spending $800 or $1000 for one that isn't good and lasts 4 years is not really good economy.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:13 pm
That's the catch. I actually am in the market for a new fall myself and just priced them. They're $1600+ depending on length. (I think they have one that's that's much shorter and costs less but mine are several inches below shoulder length and they're $1600. Longer ones are more.)

I am vaccilating about whether to spend it myself. On one hand it's a lot. On the other hand, spending $800 or $1000 for one that isn't good and lasts 4 years is not really good economy.

Wow that is expensive but if it really lasts 10 years and you plan to wear a fall for another 10 years I guess it’s cheaper. So it doesn’t get knotty at all??

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:03 pm
Not at all. I do comb it out every few days or once a week but it's not knotty.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:07 pm
PS I should add though that my newest one was bought in 2009'ish. If quality has changed since, I wouldn't know. Maybe you want to poll and see if someone has one bought more recently

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:11 pm
Not at all. I do comb it out every few days or once a week but it's not knotty.

Wow that’s so cool! Mine gets super knotty in 2 seconds but it’s definitely significantly past my shoulders and you said yours is just a few inches below right? So I wonder if that makes a big difference too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels