Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Keratin treatment for hair under wig: is it worth it & where
1  2  Next

mom_13

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:23 pm
I'm looking into getting my hair straightened so that it can look awesome without me having to style it. Thing is, I'll be plunking a wig or snood on top of it as soon as the treatment is over, so I can't do any of those "put nothing in your hair for 3 days" kind of treatments. That said, is there a salon that offers such a keratin treatment in NYC area? Help a sister feel beautiful 😍

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:37 pm
The morrocan Inoar works best for being straight even after getting wet.
Beaware- you need a professional to do this, and only someone who's results you have seen.
I don't know anyone in NY who does it well, maybe someone else has a name for you.
Having someone inexperienced do this for you will be a waste of money.
(And don't let them tell you their treatment is the same things, if it isn't the Morrocan Inoar, it isn't the same.)

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:51 pm
How about the proAddiction treatment? You can wash it out immediately afterwards and it works similarly to a keratin

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:56 pm
I did magicsleek. Was supposed to last up to 6 months. Lasted maybe 2.5, maybe cuz I didnt wanna spend more money on their shampoo. Treatment was $350. I don't really regret doing it, but was not worth it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:02 pm
I did a Japanese. I wore a shower cap under my sheitle until I was able to wash it.
I was happy with the results.

mom_13

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
How about the proAddiction treatment? You can wash it out immediately afterwards and it works similarly to a keratin

Is this something that needs to be done in a salon and if yes which salon does this? Thanks!

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:09 pm
A keratin treatment made my hair fall out. Sad

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:28 pm
mom_13 wrote:
Is this something that needs to be done in a salon and if yes which salon does this? Thanks!

Yes, a friend of mine used https://instagram.com/hairaddictionbyester but I think there are other salons that do it as well

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:52 pm
I never kept my hair down for three days when I was single. I also might have washed it early. I preferred some waves to stick stick straight

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:59 pm
What kind of hair do you have? Just so you know, keratin might not make your hair automatically straight and sleek. My hair is very thick and wavy, and the keratin treatment helped it become more manageable. I still had to straighten it, but it took less time and looked nicer. It was not gorgeous on its own.

mom_13

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:13 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
What kind of hair do you have? Just so you know, keratin might not make your hair automatically straight and sleek. My hair is very thick and wavy, and the keratin treatment helped it become more manageable. I still had to straighten it, but it took less time and looked nicer. It was not gorgeous on its own.

I have thick wavy ish hair. Not naturally straight. And it can get frizzy.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:39 pm
mom_13 wrote:
I have thick wavy ish hair. Not naturally straight. And it can get frizzy.

Sounds similar to mine. Keratin can make it more manageable, but please don’t spend the money assuming it will be straight and sleek on its own. I don’t regret getting it done, but I was single and doing my hair anyway.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

Depends which keratin treatment you do.
The Morrocan Inoar will make it automatically sleek and straight.
So much so that when you redo in 6 months only the newly grown hair needs to be treated.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 4:51 pm
Would love some more info on Moroccan inoar ...and where can I get it done in New Jersey? Ty!!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 4:58 pm
I actually just ordered this https://gussihair.com at home keratin treatment and going to try it out, it says you can put your hair in a ponytail right away but I have no idea if it's good. Will try to remember to update this thread after I get it.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 5:17 pm
Ty!! I’m actually looking to get it done in a salon. Any suggestions?

Sukarya

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:09 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I actually just ordered this https://gussihair.com at home keratin treatment and going to try it out, it says you can put your hair in a ponytail right away but I have no idea if it's good. Will try to remember to update this thread after I get it.

Did this work?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:46 am
Sukarya wrote:
Did this work?

I've tried it, it didn't do much...

Narbin

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:36 pm
Try Magic Sleek… if you live in NJ I have a woman who will come to your house. My hair feels half it’s weight and it’s still long. It lasts over 6 months and no toxic disgusting smell or chemicals. I know the creator of the treatment and it’s well tested for safety. You can go to the creator in Manalapan or my lady. They are both Jewish (not frum) and very respectful. Let me know if you you want either ladies information.

mom_13

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 1:17 am
Narbin wrote:
Try Magic Sleek… if you live in NJ I have a woman who will come to your house. My hair feels half it’s weight and it’s still long. It lasts over 6 months and no toxic disgusting smell or chemicals. I know the creator of the treatment and it’s well tested for safety. You can go to the creator in Manalapan or my lady. They are both Jewish (not frum) and very respectful. Let me know if you you want either ladies information.

Reading this just now. I live in Brooklyn. Would you know of anybody here by chance? If not I guess I can have my husband drive me to LI on a Sunday. Also my issue with hair treatments is that I'm makpid about covering my hair. I know with some treatments they tell you don't put anything in/on your hair for 3 days in order for the treatment to work. I wouldn't be able to do that, I need to be able to put my hair in a pony and stuff into a Tichel right after the hair treatment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics