Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Hobbies/things to do at home
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I took up diamond art . its actually improving my patience and attention span as well. Love it

Hey, me too! Love diamond art. I listen to a shiur, or a tv show as I do it. Mega relaxing and fun. Even just in 5 minute intervals

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Hey, me too! Love diamond art. I listen to a shiur, or a tv show as I do it. Mega relaxing and fun. Even just in 5 minute intervals

I dont last too long at it but I find it really relaxing and it totally clears my mind

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:51 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
I love spending time on anything that needs patience and attention to detail, be it origami, kirigami, crochet, embroidery, mini dollhouse-building, diamond art, painting (by number;), polymer clay sculpting, 1000+ piece puzzles, cake decorating, baking miniatures... I could probably keep going for a while!

My other big-time hobby is reading, and I do a little photography on the side... besides for all the other things I pick up here and there because they seem interesting:)

Whats polymer clay sculpting? That sounds like my kind of thing! Also love the idea of photography. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:56 pm
Chayalle wrote:
We enjoy diamond painting sometimes, it's very relaxing. Oh, and puzzles.

But my big passion/hobby is definitely music....and I am missing my chill time right now, during Sefirah...keep passing the piano and thinking I really need Sefirah to pass by more quickly....

Listening to music is just incredible. I tried several times to actually learn how to play music, but with little success.

And thank you to all of the posters suggesting diamond painting! I actually bought one a while ago and it was just sitting in my house unopened!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:05 pm
I would love to do photography but im almost 50 at this age will it be to hard to be teach myself?? also physically working with children.....any advice???

thegiver

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:10 pm
Singing

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I would love to do photography but im almost 50 at this age will it be to hard to be teach myself?? also physically working with children.....any advice???

I've seen a lot of courses advertised. One by someone Devoirie Zutler maybe? One by Shmuel Diamond.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:53 pm
I like to draw and paint. Also sculpting with clay is fun. There are tons of utube videos online that will show you how to do anything under the sun.
If you like art, I can give you more directed advice (but from your OP, sounds like art may not be your thing).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I like to draw and paint. Also sculpting with clay is fun. There are tons of utube videos online that will show you how to do anything under the sun.
If you like art, I can give you more directed advice (but from your OP, sounds like art may not be your thing).

Thank you! I used to love everything art, but I’ve lost some interest in a lot of things I used to love years ago. But clay still sounds like fun! I’ll have to look at YouTube videos. Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics