Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 28  29  30  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:13 pm
2 new high schools opening:

Tehillas bais yaakov with Mrs bernfeld
And Meiras bais yaakov with rebbetzin paretzky

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:16 pm
guess I need to verify facts then. I heard yesterday that bernfelds school not opening...

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:27 pm
I also heard tehilas/bernfeld school isn't opening

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:36 pm
Really?? I didn’t hear that

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:09 pm
small bean wrote:
I don't think the principals want everyone calling. That would be insane for them.

People who were told to push, the schools probably know they wont get in anywhere for whatever reason.

Last year answers went out in June even though schools were ready before then. I'm assuming same this year.

My fathers chavrusa is part of the vaad. I will ask him to ask for me

So my father asked and was told that he doesn't get involved until the first round is over. He hasn't heard of any changes to the process at this time.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This sounds like a nightmare for a girl who is a mediocre student who has no older sisters. I’m dreading what will happen to my daughter next year...
(Which is why I’ve been following this- really hoping for some guidance...)

Enlist the help of your daughter's principal. Daven. And don't worry. Our local high schools are not only made up of top students. It's not all about grades.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:30 pm
yeah bernfeld is not opening

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 7:38 pm

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:36 pm
Is there enough seats this year?

What is the point of the test? I heard that they are marked but they don't give out the answers to anyone so what is the point?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:55 pm
Anyone know when the answers are going out? My daughter is going nuts

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:48 pm
I heard the vaad had a meeting yest. they are trying their best to get as many girls as possible accepted in round 1

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:56 pm
working in a HS, I cant even begin to tell you the stress level of the principals and owners with the insane amount of applications that are in and the amount of acceptances that have to be made...Its unbelievable how much they are trying to stretch themselves...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know when the answers are going out? My daughter is going nuts

My dd told me her teacher spoke to the class today about high school acceptance. That they should understand it has nothing to do with them or their family if they don't get in. And she told them that answers aren't going out yet, she will speak to them about it again when the time comes.

So I guess we still have to wait.......

Someone just told me there are still 100 girls who are not accepted to any schools. And there really isn't enough space for them all.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:48 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
My dd told me her teacher spoke to the class today about high school acceptance. That they should understand it has nothing to do with them or their family if they don't get in. And she told them that answers aren't going out yet, she will speak to them about it again when the time comes.

So I guess we still have to wait.......

Someone just told me there are still 100 girls who are not accepted to any schools. And there really isn't enough space for them all.

its not a joke... I teach over 40 girls in a class...and all of us, HSs, have 4, 5, or 6 classes to a grade... its unbearable

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:48 pm

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:50 pm
delete

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:51 pm

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:56 pm
Sienna, do you mind deleting my quote please? thanks

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
its not a joke... I teach over 40 girls in a class...and all of us, HSs, have 4, 5, or 6 classes to a grade... its unbearable

I know. It's terrible for the girls and the teachers. I don't know what the answer is.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Is there enough seats this year?

What is the point of the test? I heard that they are marked but they don't give out the answers to anyone so what is the point?

Maybe it gives the high schools a ballpark guess at a girl's academic level.

HOWEVER.

I personally performed very poorly on my hs entrance exam - it was on material that was on a higher academic level than my elementary school.

I went to a very academic high school (B"H they accepted me anyway, pull, whatever) and I was an A student. I discussed this once with my hs principal, who agreed that the entrance exam isn't a good indicator of how a student will perform. It just tells what she's at coming in.
Page 10 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries