Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Child swearing

amother

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 11:34 am
My mother has a foster child that is 3 year old. He was kicked out of camp because he swore at a child. Now the school doesnt want him for the year either. I dont blame them. My question is how do you teach a child not to swear? My mother never heard him say it. She doenst know how to approach him. please help.

BTW, my parents dont swear so its not coming from my parents. He got it from his parents.

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 2:15 pm
He got kicked out at age 3yr that is mind boggling shock a child who swears at this age should be pityed and taught right not kicked out unless there was other behavioural problems and this was the last straw. Confused
The same w/h a school r u sure there's nonething else going on besides his swearing Confused plus I feel 4 him sooo badly he's only 3yrs what is going on shock

Tovah

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 5:57 pm
unforchanitly thats the problems with the schools today they don't deal with the problems they just throw you out.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 4:04 am
It is obvious that at 3 years old he doesn´t know what these words actually mean.
Personally I don´t think the school should have kicked him out. He just needs to be taught another way of how to handle his frustrations.
As for the swearing I had the same problem with my son and what I use to do was put a little bit of pepper on his tongue everytime he swore. This gave him a bad taste in his mouth everytime he swore and it stopped him after a while.
I have great respect for foster parents as a lot of the foster children have problems when they come in and it is upto the foster parents to deal with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics