Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll for Baltimore people. Did you get the covid vaccine?
1  2  Next

Baltimore People ONLY Please: Did you get/plan to get the covid vaccine?
Yes  
 66%  [ 26 ]
No  
 17%  [ 7 ]
Not sure yet  
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:07 am
I heard there is a covid vaccine clinic in the Baltimore community. I'm wondering how many people are getting the vaccine. And I'm wondering if this makes people more likely to trust getting the vaccine.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:20 am
Not sure what you mean about a covid vaccine clinic. There are a couple mass vaccination sites fairly close to frum neighborhood area, and most people I know were able to get appointments there. They have walk ups available at one of the sites now, too.

I know the Jewish schools arranged early on to get slots for their teachers at one of the sites, like way back in February.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:21 am
Sorry voted yes in the poll but I'm not from Baltimore:(

The poll question itself doesn't specify

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:24 am
I got my first at a mass vaccination place before the Jewish clinic opened up. My husband vaccinated at the Jewish place and it took him 15 min compared to my hour+ wait.
Anyone who hasn't heard of the Jewish vaccination site, go to bikur cholim of Baltimore website and there is an application

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I got my first at a mass vaccination place before the Jewish clinic opened up. My husband vaccinated at the Jewish place and it took him 15 min compared to my hour+ wait.
Anyone who hasn't heard of the Jewish vaccination site, go to bikur cholim of Baltimore website and there is an application

I waited maybe 5 minutes at the mass vaccination site...it took longer to park and walk across the parking lot than it did for the lines inside to move. It was super organized (I was at the Timonium fairgrounds site).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Sorry voted yes in the poll but I'm not from Baltimore:(

The poll question itself doesn't specify

I know I realized after. Oops. No way to edit the poll question. Moderator can you help and edit to say "baltimore Ppl only" on the pool question?
[Done, but only because I happen to have been reading this thread; please report next time you need a mod's attention because a mod is not always going to see a request like this in a thread - mod]

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Not sure what you mean about a covid vaccine clinic. There are a couple mass vaccination sites fairly close to frum neighborhood area, and most people I know were able to get appointments there. They have walk ups available at one of the sites now, too.

I know the Jewish schools arranged early on to get slots for their teachers at one of the sites, like way back in February.

Bikur Cholim set up a site at Ner Tamid.

I got my vaccines at one of the mass sites at the end of January and beginning of Feb at the state fairgrounds, in and vaccinated within 5 minutes; the longest part of the day was the 15 minute wait after. Rabbi Heinemann was there and in line at the same time I was! My daughter got hers at M&T stadium a few weeks ago and will IYH get her second one shortly.

I think we don't really need a larger push here for the frum community to get our vaccines. My kids are in TA and Bnos and already so many teachers have been vaccinated, there have been an easing of restrictions in school. But I welcome any effort to get this going as fast and smoothly as possible.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:46 am
I don’t live in Baltimore.
But my parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents there all got vaccinated before pesach. Most of their friends got vaccinated. My siblings in their mid to upper 30s are in middle of vaccinating.
It seems pretty popular to me.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:53 am
My in-laws in Baltimore got vaxxed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:24 pm
Just recently got my first at the clinic.
I chose to get it there for convenience. I would have gotten it anyway. It is amazing that they are doing it though. Made it so easy. Very organized and we'll run. Thank you to everyone involved!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:45 pm
I'm in Baltimore. Not planning to get this vaccine. Maybe in a few years.

I vax for everything else though.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I'm in Baltimore. Not planning to get this vaccine. Maybe in a few years.

I vax for everything else though.

Lol. Ironic my color is peach. That's the anti vax magazine in Lakewood. LOL

mommy27

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:59 pm
I got mine. My husband and oldest kid are. My in laws are. I teach and all my students want to know is when they can get theirs already.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:30 am
mommy27 wrote:
I got mine. My husband and oldest kid are. My in laws are. I teach and all my students want to know is when they can get theirs already.

curious why students would want it, they aren't at risk for any serious illness. or is it so they don't have to take precautions and don't have to quarantine if exposed?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:43 am
Quote:
curious why students would want it, they aren't at risk for any serious illness. or is it so they don't have to take precautions and don't have to quarantine if exposed?

The kids want life to go back to normal. If vaccinating will help, they want to be vaccinated.

Also, my teens had covid and are dealing with long term affects months later. The doctor told us that for some, the vaccine helps with those lingering issues. For that alone, my teens got the vaccine.

baltomom

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:53 am
Yes for me, DH, and my kids 16 and over.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 3:22 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Quote:

The kids want life to go back to normal. If vaccinating will help, they want to be vaccinated.

Also, my teens had covid and are dealing with long term affects months later. The doctor told us that for some, the vaccine helps with those lingering issues. For that alone, my teens got the vaccine.

can you please update back if their symptoms go away after getting the vaccine. I never heard of that, that would be great if it helps! what affects are they still dealing with?

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:28 pm
My in-laws and 4 of dh sibs live in bmore. Almost off of them plus kids over 16 r vaccinated. Less than a hand full have antibodies and are waiting...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:41 pm
Quote:

can you please update back if their symptoms go away after getting the vaccine. I never heard of that, that would be great if it helps! what affects are they still dealing with

They each had one, so I don't know if it's enough.

One has lingering fatigue. The other developed a circulation issues. His fingers (and a couple toes) are swollen and purple. We had a doctor look at it and nothing we can do at this time.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 1:39 am
I’ve heard it can help. I hope it does for your teens.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics