Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
If something of yours got damaged would u want to know?

Would u want to know
Yes  
 90%  [ 36 ]
No  
 7%  [ 3 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other (last option gets cut off sometimes)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:25 pm
I’m in the service business and I was servicing an item for a customer. In the process I accidentally damaged another part of this item. I know how to repair the damage that was done, so I obviously repaired it. I asked a halachic question to a rav to find out if I have to tell the customer. His reply was “if the customer would want to know” I’m obviously biased. You tell me- would u want to know if something was damaged and then repaired? I’d assume it would be aggravating to hear but I’m reality it doesn’t effect you or the item or items value at all..

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:27 pm
Yes. I would appreciate the honesty. Also, what if the customer takes the item for repair somewhere else one day and the second repair person notices that things are not original? The customer would feel like you had been dishonest.

English3

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:28 pm
Yes I had an item broken by a company and they kept on lying to me, that it's not ready, if they would've told me earlier I would totally understand. But after lying I was really angry.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:31 pm
I think an honest worker would let the person know and wouldn't even ask a Rav such a sheila.
I'd definitely want to know, even if it was fixed. It's the honest thing to do.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:35 pm
Here's what I taught DD when she was small.

"If you tell me the truth, I'll be a little bit mad."

"If I find out later that you were not telling the truth, then I will be BIG MAD!"

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:10 pm
Yes. I appreciate honest people more than anything else.
But maybe that’s just me. Most people today are proving not to care about honesty so I’m not sure.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:48 pm
Yes.
1. I appreciate honesty.
2. I hate unsolved mysteries. Not knowing what happened bothers me more than a loss, sometimes. If I'm missing $10 and know I dropped it down a subway grate, oh well. But if I'm missing $10 and have no idea what happened to it, it makes me nuts. If I noticed a repair--even if the repaired part is better than the original was--I would be very bothered not knowing what happened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions