Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How would you change your lifestyle?

imanotmommy

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:22 am
How much money would you need to make big changes to your lifestyle? (assume it's after tax, etc. How much would you need to have in the bank or as guaranteed monthly payments?) I assume it would have to be enough to cover your current lifestyle indefinitely, plus more.
And, what would you change?
For example: your job, who watches your kids, who cleans/cooks/etc, where you live, and so on
I'm interested, because numbers like "a million dollars" sound like a lot, and I wouldn't complain if I had an extra million, but I wouldn't rely on that (or interest on it) to cover all of my family's future expenses. If I had $10 million, then I would quit my job.

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:39 pm
TBH I doubt that I'd change all that much even if I won the megashmillions jackpot. Most of the loot would go to our kids and grandkids, some of it as an outright gift and some of it in a trust for reasons of minimizing taxes and avoiding the hazards of having too much money all at once. But I'd either buy a house big enough to accommodate the whole family so we could have everyone together on chagim, or take everyone to a hotel a few times a year.

English3

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:52 pm
Not much change. I would definitely give tzedaka BC I love giving. I would buy a big house. Otherwise I live a very happy and content life bh. My DH gave me a few years ago a nice sum of money to buy myself something for my birthday. It's still in the drawer lol.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:00 pm
I would make Aliya (and live like an American) if I won the lottery.

Other than that, I am pretty content with my life B”H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics