Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shein links for a newly minted high school teacher!!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:03 pm
Hi everyone,

I may just be getting a high school job in a few days iyH, gasp!!
But I need the clothes!

Please post any shein links that are suitable for a high school teacher, most of my clothes are fun, casual, but I think that I need clothes that are more formal...

Thank you!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:06 pm
If you want to look formal and presentable, please don't wear clothing from Shein when teaching. I've never seen anything from Shein that doesn't look like junk.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:08 pm
Not true! Some of it is very nice, although it usually needs alterations. Op, are you teaching kodesh or chol?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:08 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
If you want to look formal and presentable, please don't wear clothing from Shein when teaching. I've never seen anything from Shein that doesn't look like junk.

Wheeew!!!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:10 pm
Please run to a frum clothing store to get started. You can fill in the rest with shein.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Not true! Some of it is very nice, although it usually needs alterations. Op, are you teaching kodesh or chol?

Yeah some clothing are very nice but the quality is awful and the fabrics are often see through or not nice fabrics that don't sit nicely when on.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:12 pm
You are all so nice!!

So I'll be teaching kodesh and chol iyH. It's in a tiny jewish community, so there's no jewish shops, and I can sew so it's not an issue for me to fix up the clothes. I have lots of casual clothes from shein already, but now I need more formal stuff...

wiki

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:14 pm
If you lived in town, I'd advise against Shein. But if you love OOT, then Shein is a better option than a lot of other things. Good luck!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You are all so nice!!

So I'll be teaching kodesh and chol iyH. It's in a tiny jewish community, so there's no jewish shops, and I can sew so it's not an issue for me to fix up the clothes. I have lots of casual clothes from shein already, but now I need more formal stuff...

You can find nice things for great prices at Macy's, tjmaxx, fox's, and other department stores.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
You can find nice things for great prices at Macy's, tjmaxx, fox's, and other department stores.

I'm moving from israel straight to this lovely tiny village. There are no such shops there..

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:20 pm
Deleted

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm moving from israel straight to this lovely tiny village. There are no such shops there..

Israel? Shop there for a few new things before you come! Unless you’re leaving in a few days and have no time..

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:28 pm
You will likely do better ordering from department stores such as Macy's. You can easily browse their clearance/sale items on their websites. Just search for "skirts" or "tops" and set the filter for long sleeves, etc. It doesn't matter how small your new location/town is, Macy's will deliver in a timely manner. And if necessary, returns are easy to take care of.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:29 pm
Buy two black skirts
Three white blouses
Put sweaters on top

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow, good luck!
You can order online from department stores.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:33 pm
Can I help you find links from department stores that deliver? I'd feel bad posting Shein links everything I buy from them is garbage:(

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 4:19 pm
In a tiny village with no department stores or frum stores I can't imagine the expectations are too high. Feel free to buy whatever clothing you need but I wouldn't panic about looking like a typical high school teacher in a big frum community, as long as you look presentable.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 4:38 pm
Tiny Village? Frum Community?
No access to common box stores?
Where?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Tiny Village? Frum Community?
No access to common box stores?
Where?

Good point.
Any Jewish school in this sort of area would likely a) be tiny, like a dozen students tiny b) have students/parent body who are not your typical frum, and unlikely to be following the latest frum styles themselves c) be used to all sorts of interesting teachers/staff members, not necessarily Jewish or frum ones.

Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics