Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dentist offering sedation
1  2  Next

mom2be1

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:38 pm
My dd needs cavitys filled and wasn’t being cooperative by the dentist. They suggested we use someone will put her to sleep. Any suggestions?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:50 pm
mom2be1 wrote:
My dd needs cavitys filled and wasn’t being cooperative by the dentist. They suggested we use someone will put her to sleep. Any suggestions?

Ask them if they can do laughing gas instead of sedation.

mom2be1

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:28 pm
They tried! She’s 10 and super uncooperative!!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:45 pm
mom2be1 wrote:
They tried! She’s 10 and super uncooperative!!

Oh wow! If laughing gas doesn't work I'd definitely sedate a child that's uncooperative and needs a lot of work.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:51 pm
I use shore childrens dentist. One of my kids had a lot of cavities to be filled and was pretty uncooperative. The dentist did the sedation in a childrens hospital (maybe jersey shore?)

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:43 pm
I did it too with my son. In and out. The whole thing took less than an hour.
In my case child was extremely cooprative but very young and had a lot of work to be done. It was just easier than making 10 appointments!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:48 pm
Make sure you use the correct terminology when discussing with the provider. Laughing gas (Nitrous oxide) IS sedation, but a mild form. There is also IV sedation and oral sedation. If you're putting the kid to sleep, that's general anesthesia. If they're calling it sedation, they're using the wrong term and you should find someone else. Who knows what else they're getting wrong?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I use shore childrens dentist. One of my kids had a lot of cavities to be filled and was pretty uncooperative. The dentist did the sedation in a childrens hospital (maybe jersey shore?)

Me too, last week. No complaints. I used Dr Sherman

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:54 pm
If you are using sedation, ask them what their safety protocols are and exactly what they are using.

I had an implant and was offered the choice of "sedation". They would bring in someone especially trained and the cost was significant because that person was a trained anesthesiologist who would be monitoring vital signs and be able to take immediate action for an emergency. I don't remember exactly what the cost would have been but I think it might have been at least $500 extra.

I didn't do it because dental work isn't painful with the appropriate shots. I am not saying it shouldn't be done for a child or someone who has emotional issues but just saying that one should make sure that it will be done safely.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 1:17 pm
Yes. Thank you all for that information

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 1:37 pm
Also, find a pediatric dentist who is good at building rapport with kids. We were happy at TTT Dental in Holmdel.

sweet

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:01 pm
Did you try dentistry for children?
How would she be if you hold her hands?

My 5 year old needed lots of dental work done a month ago and I did 5 appointments instead of putting him to sleep and doing it at once. I felt it was safer.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 3:02 pm
Me three for shore dental. I wasn’t so happy that they are a little cavity happy so once they put her out, besides for pulling her two rotten teeth they also filled a million small cavity’s but still happy with them. was quick at the hospital. We went in at 6am and home by 11am at Monmouth...

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 3:15 pm
I was extremely happy by ocean pediatric dental.. you can pm me if you'd like more info

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:33 am
mom2be1 wrote:

I know this is old but I’m wondering who you ended up using for your child and if you were happy.
My 9 year old has dental anxiety and will have to be put to sleep for root canals and teeth extractions.
Also, when you went to a new dentist were they okay with doing the work another dentist suggested or did they insist on doing another set of X-rays?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:46 am
My grandmother has a scar till today because they had to do something the backwards way since she didn't want to cooperate. Ask your pediatrician. If he says it's ok. Do it and shoin!

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:00 pm
I did with Dr. Sherman for my daughter. Was pretty happy. I did hear of Dr. Simchi in the Teaneck area. Its a frum dentist, mostly frum pple working there, and they are excellent with kids. They only accept private insurance or I guess out of pocket. From what I hear, they get work done on kids that are very scared. They have a lot of patience and joke around with the kids and make sure their very comfortable.

mom!

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:22 pm
I use Tender Smiles in Freehold. They use laughing gas

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:33 pm
mom! wrote:
I use Tender Smiles in Freehold. They use laughing gas

That does not work for my child

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:34 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I did with Dr. Sherman for my daughter. Was pretty happy. I did hear of Dr. Simchi in the Teaneck area. Its a frum dentist, mostly frum pple working there, and they are excellent with kids. They only accept private insurance or I guess out of pocket. From what I hear, they get work done on kids that are very scared. They have a lot of patience and joke around with the kids and make sure their very comfortable.

What kind of sedation did they use?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries