Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Taking the family to Israel for the summer - doable?
Previous  1  2  3

juggling

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:28 pm
I don't know. If you're going to Israel to keep your kids busy, but then not planning a full schedule, it sounds like a waste of time and money. What do you think you'll do all day with no car and a low budget, that you could not have done at home? Also, if your kids are bored and cranky the whole time they may end up with bad feelings associated with Israel.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:00 pm
juggling wrote:
I don't know. If you're going to Israel to keep your kids busy, but then not planning a full schedule, it sounds like a waste of time and money. What do you think you'll do all day with no car and a low budget, that you could not have done at home? Also, if your kids are bored and cranky the whole time they may end up with bad feelings associated with Israel.

OP
I really think you should stay home this year and maybe keep your kids out of camp and save those 6k towards a trip next year, hopefully without corona restrictions and with a bigger budget. I understand that your teen mother’s helper won’t be available next year but maybe you’ll be able to afford paid help.
I quoted this post because if the kids are going you be bored and cranky - better to be bored and cranky at home, where you’re not spending a small fortune on what was supposed to be a vacation and you have local comforts.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:12 pm
Covid aside. Just thinking if op finds a cheap rental in a city by the coast, e.g netanya, or even further out ,she can use the beach as entertainment every day. In my experience kids don't tire of the beach.
And other than that you can find local parks, the mall, in netanya I know there are sprinklers in the square that kids enjoy, and walking around in the evening is always a fun experience. Not an action packed holiday, but fun. Although to me I don't known if it would be worth it to travel myself with kids all the way to Israel just to spend time at the beach and park, and not explore the country.
We've done the Israel trip, spending 1 week non stop touring, and another week relaxing in netanya. We spent about 15k, for 7 of us, but we rented a large apartment right by the beach and ate out nearly every day both weeks.

SacN

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:15 pm
I just want to say I'm impressed at all the thoughtful suggestions and support all the Israelis have given in this post.

OP, anything is possible if you just want to be here. But as everyone said, your budget and kids will limit what you can do, and where you can go. And government restrictions are fickle.

Maybe keep the kids home and do mommy camp, and then come to Israel for a week or two as a family on a proper vacation with your budget. If you're allowed in.

saltandvinegar

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which areas?

Op, if you message me I can send you the ramat eshkol neshei email lists. People are always renting out apartments in yerushalayim and not so expensive either

essie14

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Covid aside. Just thinking if op finds a cheap rental in a city by the coast, e.g netanya, or even further out ,she can use the beach as entertainment every day. In my experience kids don't tire of the beach.
And other than that you can find local parks, the mall, in netanya I know there are sprinklers in the square that kids enjoy, and walking around in the evening is always a fun experience. Not an action packed holiday, but fun. Although to me I don't known if it would be worth it to travel myself with kids all the way to Israel just to spend time at the beach and park, and not explore the country.
We've done the Israel trip, spending 1 week non stop touring, and another week relaxing in netanya. We spent about 15k, for 7 of us, but we rented a large apartment right by the beach and ate out nearly every day both weeks.

There are no cheap rentals near the beach in the summer.
Kids get bored very easily of the beach and splash pads. that's not a summer plan. Those are once a week, maybe twice a week activities.
OP, if I were you I would stay in the US summer, either at home, or rent a place in another area where there are activities for yiy kids. Mommy camp, whether in Israel or the US is exhausting!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:10 pm
essie14 wrote:
There are no cheap rentals near the beach in the summer.
Kids get bored very easily of the beach and splash pads. that's not a summer plan. Those are once a week, maybe twice a week activities.
OP, if I were you I would stay in the US summer, either at home, or rent a place in another area where there are activities for yiy kids. Mommy camp, whether in Israel or the US is exhausting!

When we were looking for rentals there were definitely cheaper places, not right by the beach, but a bus ride or 2 away. Although yes, exhausting is the word that comes to mind when thinking of such plan. Like I said I'd rather stay home.
About the beach though, maybe my kids are unusual, but they can't get enough of the beach and sea. We've done 2 week beach vacations and they didn't get bored. But it could have to do with the fact that all yr we live nowhere near any sea, and in a very non-beach going climate, so its a huge treat?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions