Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 28  29  30  Next

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know when the answers are going out? My daughter is going nuts

I heard that letters are not going out yet. But (some?) schools have communicated with girls who were not accepted to any of their choices, so that the parents can get involved with any effort/pull they may have.

keym

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:13 am
I heard but have no way of verifying that the entrance exams are used to help "track" girls once they're already in high school.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:50 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Maybe it gives the high schools a ballpark guess at a girl's academic level.

HOWEVER.

I personally performed very poorly on my hs entrance exam - it was on material that was on a higher academic level than my elementary school.

I went to a very academic high school (B"H they accepted me anyway, pull, whatever) and I was an A student. I discussed this once with my hs principal, who agreed that the entrance examisn't a good indicator of how a student will perform. It just tells what she's at coming in.

I also found that some of my dds had teacher in 8th grade who prepared them very well for the entrance exam. They really taught them what they need to know for it. Other teachers didn't seem to care much. And one of my dds had as her 8th grade Hebrew teacher someone who was new to Lakewood and she completely ignored the entire concept.

So I'm not sure why they bother. You get a much better idea of where a girl is holding by speaking to her teachers. Which they do.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 4:37 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Someone just told me there are still 100 girls who are not accepted to any schools. And there really isn't enough space for them all.

It seams like every year there are 100 girls not accepted. Every year their is more girls coming out of 8th grade(not counting the ones that move in) yet every year there is 100 seats short. Is this happening because they prepare for last year?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:28 pm
What will be next year when a few newer schools that only go up to 7th grade now will have their first 8th grade graduating class?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What will be next year when a few newer schools that only go up to 7th grade now will have their first 8th grade graduating class?

I asked the same question last year, I guess the same thing they are doing this year,playing catch up

small bean

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:54 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I heard that letters are not going out yet. But (some?) schools have communicated with girls who were not accepted to any of their choices, so that the parents can get involved with any effort/pull they may have.

I was told the same. If you didn't get a call than you need to be patient until letters come out.

small bean

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:13 pm
First round of answers will be going out next week as per my daughters school. There will nog be rejection letters, if I understood correctly.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

This year Bnos Esther Malka and Bnos Hadassah have their first 8th grade classes. How many new high schools have opened to accommodate them? Moreshes and Meoros are not that far behind, and perhaps other schools.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:49 pm
And shiras chaim has first class this year.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:53 pm
My DD came home today and said I MUST,MUST,MUST call her principal because she has a list of were all the girls in her school was excepted and my DD wants to find out were she is going.

If that is what they are doing this year by next week everyone should know were they are going or if they were not excepted any were.

small bean

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 7:19 am
200 girls not anywhere.

By end of next week everyone will sort of know where they stand.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:26 pm
acceptance letters coming monday

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:27 pm
We got a letter from vaad. Acceptance letters going out Monday. This is first round. 200 girls still not placed

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We got a letter from vaad. Acceptance letters going out Monday. This is first round. 200 girls still not placed

My dds teacher said we are getting the letter by Monday. So when I saw the letter from the vaad my heart dropped. I was sure they were letting us know she wasn't accepted anywhere.

It's crazy that we have to have this much anxiety over this. I'm so nervous for my dd if she doesn't get accepted anywhere.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:59 pm
It said letters going out April 26 so how can we get letters Monday?

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It said letters going out April 26 so how can we get letters Monday?

True. I guess her teacher got confused. Or someone is confused.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
My dds teacher said we are getting the letter by Monday. So when I saw the letter from the vaad my heart dropped. I was sure they were letting us know she wasn't accepted anywhere.

It's crazy that we have to have this much anxiety over this. I'm so nervous for my dd if she doesn't get accepted anywhere.

Same here

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:57 am
Why is Mrs. Bernfeld school not opening?

If she lost her funding I understand

If the Vaad said not to open that does not make sense because it is not as if schools are fighting over students,and there is a shortage of students to send to a new school.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:31 pm
first round acceptance letters being mailed out monday. not received monday.
Page 11 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries