Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If people don’t care should I?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:54 pm
I have a sister in law who is pregnant and will not be getting vaccinated and has zero antibodies. I’m fully vaxxed BH so I don’t have such an issue being around her. The problem is I have young children in school who can contract COVID at anytime. Do I not let my children around her if she doesn’t care and isn’t being careful? I don’t want to endanger her or her baby chas vshalom (it’s not an issue of my kids getting COVID)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:59 pm
No. Every man for himself in this situation. She has a reason she’s not getting vaccinated, and she doesn’t seem to be concerned with her kids and herself. If that’s totally fine by her, then it should be totally fine by you Smile

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:02 pm
Are you worried about your kids getting severely ill from covid?

If not, what are you worried about?

If yes, I don't get it at all as the odds are miniscule. Nobody took such extreme precautions for the flu which is far more dangerous for children.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:04 pm
How would you feel if your kids gave her Covid and something terrible happened as a result? Personally, I don’t think I’d be able to forgive myself, even is she wasn’t taking precautions. She can take the risks she wants with her own health, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking on the risk of inflicting a bad outcome on someone else, regardless of their views.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:37 am
challahchallah wrote:
How would you feel if your kids gave her Covid and something terrible happened as a result? Personally, I don’t think I’d be able to forgive myself, even is she wasn’t taking precautions. She can take the risks she wants with her own health, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking on the risk of inflicting a bad outcome on someone else, regardless of their views.

I feel the same way.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:57 am
I have never vaccinated my kids and I could not care less if others come to me, if they are vaccinated or not. This is my choice and I take responsibility for my kids and myself.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:58 am
challahchallah wrote:

Same here!

I can't believe this is even a question.

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:01 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I have never vaccinated my kids and I could not care less if others come to me, if they are vaccinated or not. This is my choice and I take responsibility for my kids and myself.

Would you be offended if they said since you didn't vax I won't come to you?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:02 am
singleagain wrote:

I wouldn't want a vaxed person in my home especially if I'm pregnant. Too many reports now of people having weird period bleeding from exposure to vaxed people. That's the last thing I need when there's a baby in my uterus.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:03 am
singleagain wrote:

No why would I get offended? I just think it is strange that the person that is vaccinated would be afraid.

happy chick

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:03 am
And if c"v your sil got it, how would you know it came from your kids? Are they the only ones she's exposed to? Based on what you're saying, seems like she's not taking any precautions anywhere, so she could pick it up anywhere.
I wouldn't necessarily have my kids jumping on top of her or coughing on her, that just common courtesy. But I wouldn't keep my kids away from someone in that situation.
I hope I'm not coming across mean, I'm just stating my opinion.
Wishing your sil (and everyone else) much health and happiness.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:06 am
DH and I are fully vaccinated and are now getting together in small groups with family who is also vaccinated as long as we're all careful otherwise. The day after our last get-together with my parents and brother and his family we were informed that my 2 year old would have to quarantine for 10 days due to an exposure in school. Of course I told my family right away and I hope none of them were exposed through my son.

Even more so, having a young child quarantined is hard because he can't understand why he can't go to school. It's hard on me too because I can't go anywhere myself since I can't take home with me and I have no one to leave him with. I'm also worried about my oldest getting covid because he's pre-asthmatic. But you can't quarantine a 2 year old away from family living in the same house so I'm just trying my best to keep him from climbing over his siblings.

So this is a long-winded way to say that if getting together with your non vaccinated family members who are also not careful with masking and social distancing will possibly lead to a covid exposure and having to quarantine your young children, I would avoid it if possible. It's no fun.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:07 am
It is not your decision to make. It belongs to her.

And just as I would not take sick children to anyones house, if they are sick they should be home. Not around vaxxed or unvaxxed people.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:08 am
It's her choices. It's honestly super condescending and policing to think it's your concern about who/what she's exposed to.

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:09 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I wouldn't want a vaxed person in my home especially if I'm pregnant. Too many reports now of people having weird period bleeding from exposure to vaxed people. That's the last thing I need when there's a baby in my uterus.

Is this for real? Can't Believe It

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:12 am
challahchallah wrote:

I agree. But at this point I need to get out and live. For my mental health I cannot think about everyone else's decisions and my ramifications on them.

In this case as a family member, or a close friend I would feel incredibly guilty and never be able to live with myself. So I would take precautions around her.

But as a whole I can't think about every Joe shmoe on the street and ask about if they've been vaccinated or not, etc.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:12 am
imasinger wrote:
Is this for real? Can't Believe It

It's a new level of nutty conspiracy theories Banging head

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:18 am
challahchallah wrote:

We're not Hashem and we can't control who gets sick and who doesn't get sick, so while we have to do our hishtadlus, there is only so far we can go. If SIL is OK with visitors, that's on her. OP gets to make medical decisions for her own family and SIL makes decisions for hers. Obviously don't spend time with her if any of you have symptoms.

gingleale

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:26 am
I would also be concerned about her infecting my unvaccinated children.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:29 am
gingleale wrote:
I would also be concerned about her infecting my unvaccinated children.

Why would she do that more than any other aldut that they come in contact
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics