Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Passaic mikvah questions

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:03 pm
We're moving there soon, and I have some questions about the mikvah. I've only ever been to one mikvah since I got married, and I'm used to a pretty nice one.

1. How is it in general? I'm used to a Sephardic mikvah, which is really beautiful. Any chance it's nice?
2. What do people who live far do about Friday night mikvah?
3. How much does it cost?
4. Do you need to make an appointment?

Thanks!

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:41 am
I think it's beautiful (and they just redid many of the rooms). Currently with covid restrictions, however, they're encouraging women to prep at home, as if it's Friday night.

I'm not sure what Friday night people do as I live nearby - the mikvah recording mentions a number to call in case you need someone to walk with you Friday night.

The fee is currently $18

Yes, you need to make an appointment. There's an automated phone line that you can call a few days before your need to go and schedule.

Welcome!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We're moving there soon, and I have some questions about the mikvah. I've only ever been to one mikvah since I got married, and I'm used to a pretty nice one.

1. How is it in general? I'm used to a Sephardic mikvah, which is really beautiful. Any chance it's nice?
2. What do people who live far do about Friday night mikvah?
3. How much does it cost?
4. Do you need to make an appointment?

Thanks!

welcome!!! We're so happy to have you Smile
It looks like cbsp answered most of your questions- it's a really really nice mikvah (waiting area is small but the rooms themselves are beautiful.
I live quite far and have never had to go Friday night- if I did I would likely push it off. There are rumors of a new mikvah being opened on my side of town, but can't confirm or deny.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:02 am
Thanks for the responses! Phew. I do prep fully at home like Friday night due to covid.

I would not push off Friday night mikvah, which is why I asked.

cbsp

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 11:03 am
Oh, forgot to add that there are yearly dues as well. No one chases after you to pay it, but they send a letter explaining the need.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:30 pm
Another Passaicer here Smile

The mikva is very very nice and up to date. The mikva ladies are very nice. They don't check you unless you specifically request.

The mikva is pretty centrally located so that most people who live in passaic are in walking distance. For Clifton it is far, but I have heard rumors of shabbos mikva plans for clifton.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating