Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do arguments work?
1  2  Next

Did you learn new information on this site about the vaccine?
Did s\o on this site convince you to take the vaccine?  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Did s\o on this site convince you not to take the vaccine?  
 1%  [ 1 ]
No I decided on my own to Vax or not.  
 88%  [ 48 ]
Other  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 54

English3

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:19 am
If posters bring proof that is very legitimate do you get convinced?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:27 am
I was hesitant to vaccinate, but after reading Zus's logical posts (on the thread she started), I went ahead with it.
And im very happy I did.

English3

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:37 am
Amazing! I love seeing that posters are not just arguing to an empty site. I always wondered if it is worth to argue about such things.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:40 am
English3 wrote:
If posters bring proof that is very legitimate do you get convinced?

By my definition, arguments are not effective, because it's just two egos yelling to see who is the loudest.

Legitimate proof, clear headed debate, and respectful inquiry for citation - yes, very convincing.

I didn't need to be convinced one way or another about the vaccine, but on other topics I have had my mind changed in the past, by posters who got me to think about things from a different angle.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 7:52 am
It’s horrifying that people get convinced about a medical decision from anonymous women on this site.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:05 am
The only thing at this point that would convince me to take the vaccine would be a Gadol telling me to take it. If he wants to take all responsibility on his shoulders, I would take the vaccine.

English3

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:13 am
Crookshanks wrote:
The only thing at this point that would convince me to take the vaccine would be a Gadol telling me to take it. If he wants to take all responsibility on his shoulders, I would take the vaccine.

There are tons of gedolim for and against, pick your choice!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:52 am
English3 wrote:
There are tons of gedolim for and against, pick your choice!

Lol I mean a Gadol I trust telling me that the right thing for me is to get vaccinated.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 9:46 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Lol I mean a Gadol I trust telling me that the right thing for me is to get vaccinated.

Exactly Smile. Pick your Gadol and go ask him. So just make sure you choose appropriately, research which Gadol has the same opinion as you, and then go ask him.

And then inform everyone that the Gadol has paskened and that is now the halacha for all of Klal Yisroel. And everyone else doing differently is misinterpreting the halacha or misguided.
Wink

(Personally, I don't get this Gadol business in this area. Ask an medical expert in the field, and ask someone who knows your complete medical history.)

English3

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 9:51 am
[quote="amother [ Wine ]"]
Crookshanks wrote:
Lol I mean a Gadol I trust telling me that the right thing for me is to get vaccinated.[/quote

Exactly Smile. Pick your Gadol and go ask him. So just make sure you choose appropriately, research which Gadol has the same opinion as you, and then go ask him.

And then inform everyone that the Gadol has paskened and that is now the halacha for all of Klal Yisroel. And everyone else doing differently is misinterpreting the halacha or misguided.
Wink

(Personally, I don't get this Gadol business in this area. Ask an medical expert in the field, and ask someone who knows your complete medical history.)

I love your humour
politicians included!!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Wink

Hi I'm not sure what your point is. Are you being sarcastic or serious?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
It’s horrifying that people get convinced about a medical decision from anonymous women on this site.

Not really. Im in the medical field myself, amd I consider myself quite educated and able to make reasonable decisions based on facts.
But all I was hearing from medical professionals was "its safe."
Which is fine, but I wanted to hear why. So I could trust the decision.
Zus was able to give me more data than those who only say "its safe". I was then able to look into the information she gave, and made my own decision of "yes, it really does look safe. "

mig100

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Not really. Im in the medical field myself, amd I consider myself quite educated and able to make reasonable decisions based on facts.
Zus was able to give me more data than those who only say "its safe". I was then able to look into the information she gave, and made my own decision of "yes, it really does look safe. "

I don't think that comment was addressed to you specifically. more in general

zus did give very logical and clear explanations based on years of studying and knowledge. I appreciated it also.

On contrary, many posters post things that are not factual at all and simply get to people's emotions. many are not educated and knowledgeable (as you are) enough to differentiate between fact and fear-mongering propaganda.

Its scary when people decide serious medical decisions based on that. that's what the poster above was referring to.

I'm not going to discuss further on this thread.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I didn’t read that post.
But you know anyone can come on here and claim they are in the medical field, or that their father died from the vaccine, or that their husband does studies for the CDC and says the vaccine is safe, etc.

I’m sure most women here do post truths, but you never know, so never base your medical decisions on anonymous internet people.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I didn’t read that post.
But you know anyone can come on here and claim they are in the medical field, or that their father died from the vaccine, or that their husband does studies for the CDC and says the vaccine is safe, etc.

I’m sure most women here do post truths, but you never know, so never base your medical decisions on anonymous internet people.

are all these people who are just paskening like this and knowing that their opinion is being excepted ready to except responsibility if something goes wrong? that's the way I see it

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:58 pm
wannabamom wrote:
are all these people who are just paskening like this and knowing that their opinion is being excepted ready to except responsibility if something goes wrong? that's the way I see it

If there’s one thing I learned over Covid, is that way too many people are selfish, agenda driven and dishonest, on either side.
So yeah, I don’t believe everybody has good intentions. Some do, many don’t.

That’s politicians, doctors, family members, and women on here.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 1:00 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
If there’s one thing I learned over Covid, is that way too many people are selfish, agenda driven and dishonest, on either side.
So yeah, I don’t believe everybody has good intentions. Some do, many don’t.

That’s politicians, doctors, family members, and women on here.

that's why I'm asking if they can take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. if they can go ahead and spread your ideas if not please be considerate.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 1:01 pm
wannabamom wrote:
that's why I'm asking if they can take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. if they can go ahead and spread your ideas if not please be considerate.

Not everybody cares about the repercussions of their actions or words though.
It’s complicated, we don’t know whom to trust these days.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:38 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

My sister asked her Rav (an adam gadol) a shaila, explaining exactly the reasons for and against that applied to her, and he answered her and gave her a bracha. You could do that if you wanted.

To clarify - she wasn't asking for a medical opinion. She was asking for a Torah perspective on handling unknown factors (as specifically related to her situation).

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My sister asked her Rav (an adam gadol) a shaila, explaining exactly the reasons for and against that applied to her, and he answered her and gave her a bracha. You could do that if you wanted.

To clarify - she wasn't asking for a medical opinion. She was asking for a Torah perspective on handling unknown factors (as specifically related to her situation).

I will iyH do that but I'm not thinking about the vaccine yet as I still have antibodies:)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics